muck boots and hsus

gotpointers

muck boots and hsus

Post by gotpointers » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:22 am

I was able to get this before they found out where their customer base really was.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

welsh

Re: muck boots and hsus

Post by welsh » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:22 pm

So we face these possibilities:

(a) an employee confused HSUS with a local humane association, and misidentified HSUS as the recipient of a donation. People got very excited and then Muck apologized and explained the mistake.

(b) Muck Boots, a division of Honeywell Safety Products, a Fortune 100 company, has done no market research and does not know that hunters and farmers and others opposed to HSUS are major customers. Muck Boots, ignorant of the fact that hunters are its customers, markets boots in camo for unexplained reasons. After proudly proclaiming their support for HSUS, they were surprised by the backlash and immediately came up with a lie to cover up their support for animal rights.

Are you saying you think option B is the plausible explanation?

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:51 pm

welsh wrote:So we face these possibilities:

(a) an employee confused HSUS with a local humane association, and misidentified HSUS as the recipient of a donation. People got very excited and then Muck apologized and explained the mistake.

(b) Muck Boots, a division of Honeywell Safety Products, a Fortune 100 company, has done no market research and does not know that hunters and farmers and others opposed to HSUS are major customers. Muck Boots, ignorant of the fact that hunters are its customers, markets boots in camo for unexplained reasons. After proudly proclaiming their support for HSUS, they were surprised by the backlash and immediately came up with a lie to cover up their support for animal rights.

Are you saying you think option B is the plausible explanation?
I think you missed an option, Muck boots made a stupid mistake and then did damage control. This seems much more plausible then either option you gave.

welsh

Post by welsh » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:15 pm

Sorry, I don't find it plausible that Muck would do a fund-raiser for an organization that most of its customers hate. That would suggest they put absolutely no thought into corporate events.

Somebody making a mistake when posting to Facebook? Happens all the time.

rinker

Post by rinker » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:36 pm

I usually do not buy in to conspiracy theories or internet rumors, etc... I have been following this and I don't like how Muck is handling it. It is certainly possible that this was simply a mistake made by an unknowing employee, but it's a pretty darn big mistake. The explanation and apology offered by Muck is very shallow and vague in my opinion. I think that they are trying to tip toe out of this without offending anyone, but I think it's too late for that. In my opinion they should come out with a statement denouncing the HSUS, and they should make a few donations to hunting/trapping/farming/ranching organizations.

DougB

Post by DougB » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:53 am

http://northernag.net/AGNews/AgNewsStor ... -Not….aspx

Or people responded to the wishes of a deceased coworker, and this is a non-issue.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:03 pm

Buy different boots and hit them where it hurts rather then gossip about it. They knew what they were doing.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:05 pm

DougB wrote:http://northernag.net/AGNews/AgNewsStor ... -Not….aspx

Or people responded to the wishes of a deceased coworker, and this is a non-issue.
So the company tried to take credit for a fund raiser they had a part in?