Gun Dog Podcasts

Boolywooger

Gun Dog Podcasts

Post by Boolywooger » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:55 pm

Does anyone know of any. I found Bird Dogs Forever, but that seems to be the only one. It would also be a great idea for someone with more of a gift for gab than I have to start one. Bird Dogs Forever ended in 2009, but you can still download their episodes.

rich223

Re: Gun Dog Podcasts

Post by rich223 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:01 pm

Go to YouTube and search Bird Dogs Afield with Paul Fuller or try Wing Shooting USA with Scott Linden or just search bird hunting you should get lots of hits.

Boolywooger

Re: Gun Dog Podcasts

Post by Boolywooger » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:15 am

Thanks, I had already found both of those, but those aren't really podcasts, although the BDA can be downloaded via the podcast app. Both of those are really TV show formats. What I'm talking about is more like a talk show. One where you have a host who has weekly, biweekly or monthly guests, and a subject for discussion. I've seen both 1 hour and 2 hour formats. Typically the first half of the show the host interviews the guest about the subject and in the second half they open lines so that people can call in to ask questions. The website I'm most familiar with is http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ . If I had the gift for gab, I would think about doing it myself, but I don't. You don't really have to be an expert yourself, you just need to be a good interviewer.