SPORTDOG just aint the sam

smittty

SPORTDOG just aint the sam

Post by smittty » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:57 pm

I have always used and stood by sportdog products but I think I may be switchin ...Any time in the past when I had a problem with a collar of there's I would call tell them what was wrong and before I got off the phone they were sending me a new collar or part ...Now I call them and they tell me they will mail me a work order to fill out and return with collar.and expect it to be in the shop for ten days then they will mail it back...so sounds like I will be out a collar for a few weeks Welp I am not to happy...AT least she said seeing how ive been a good costermer there will be no charge

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: SPORTDOG just aint the sam

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:46 pm

Boy, you are hard to please.

sdsujacks

Post by sdsujacks » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:53 pm

I dont know Smitty... that sounds like pretty good customer service to me. Anytime somebody replaces a part for free is a good day. Even if it takes a week or a month to get it back. Could it better/quicker? A little bit. Could it be worse/slower/more expensive? Definitely!!!! Count the blessings in life, this is one. Your wallet is not shrinking.

smittty

Post by smittty » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:40 pm

ezzy333 wrote:Boy, you are hard to please.
yea my ol lady tells me that all the time...and you are bolth probably right ..I just like the way it was this new work form and ship and wait just aint the same..

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:38 pm

I have used TT for many yrs never had to call customer service yet!I don't care how good it is if you are calling them all the time don't say much for the quality & if it's not dependable what good is it?

JMO :!:

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:47 pm

speaking of bad service:

I called the Bank of Montreal service line to get help with an on line banking question. The rep said, " I can't help you; I don't use on line banking. " :? :lol:

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:38 am

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:I have used TT for many yrs never had to call customer service yet!I don't care how good it is if you are calling them all the time don't say much for the quality & if it's not dependable what good is it?

Exactly

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:23 am

If you have to use a companies customer service so often, its time to move on and find another company. I have never called TT but it surely sounds like Sportdog is doing the best they can.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:15 am

I got great service from sport dog. Unfortunately the product was awful! I don't buy anything with sport dog on it anymore.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:39 am

gotpointers wrote:
Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:I have used TT for many yrs never had to call customer service yet!I don't care how good it is if you are calling them all the time don't say much for the quality & if it's not dependable what good is it?

Exactly
I can tell you how good TT customer service is, after the tornado hit my house in 2011 I called them to see if they would repair what I could find of my remote and collars, I had no receipt or anything as I had purchased it used. I sent them my remote and the damaged collar, they sent me a new remote and collar, I paired up my collar that was still good and on down the road I went.

I recently have had an issue with a Garmin Bark Breaker, I contacted customer service told them my issues, they had me try a few things and that did not work. I am returning my damaged bark breaker for an exchange of a new one.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:19 pm

In my eyes the BEST customer service is never having to use them :!: :wink:

Again JMO!!

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:57 pm

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:In my eyes the BEST customer service is never having to use them :!: :wink:

Again JMO!!
I think we all agree but occasionally we all have had to use them. According to Collar Clinic the Dogtra is the best from a maintenance stand point. I know people who have problems with all of the brands. I do think there is more problems with the Sportdog but then it is way cheaper so maybe it still balances out for many people who only have one or two dogs. I know I went from TT to DT and now to Dogtra and they all have been good/

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:45 am

Every company on the face of this earth has faulty product get by quality control now and then. My problem with sport dog was I got four bad products in a row. They would replace a bad product with another bad product. Everyone they sent me was brand new in the box. It would seem to me that after a couple bad experiences like that they would really go through the next and make d*mn sure it worked right!

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:37 am

DonF wrote:Every company on the face of this earth has faulty product get by quality control now and then. My problem with sport dog was I got four bad products in a row. They would replace a bad product with another bad product. Everyone they sent me was brand new in the box. It would seem to me that after a couple bad experiences like that they would really go through the next and make d*mn sure it worked right!
I agree Don. Hard to explain if they are really concerned about their customers. But knowing how things work, it is just an employee who is doing the shipping and probably has his mind on something else while getting his paycheck from Sportdog.