Caden's Kennels???

madmurph

Caden's Kennels???

Post by madmurph » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:29 pm

What happened to Caden's Kennels in Campbellsport, WI? Their website is gone and I saw that Dennis Brath has a boarding kennel and training facility in New Jersey. Although Gary Hansen was thought of more as their retriever trainer, he was an excellent pointing dog trainer as well, and taught me a tremendous amount about pointing dogs.

Adamdirk

Re: Caden's Kennels???

Post by Adamdirk » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:00 pm

I had noticed the website is down. I actually just talked to gary yesterday and will be bringing my dog down there on Monday.

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:19 pm

I recently spoke with Dennis, he told he had a very good business opportunity and took advantage by opening a boarding kennel there. Don't know if he is still training pointing dogs but would suspect he is. Life on the road and away from wife for 10 years is tough.

Pepper

Tejas

Post by Tejas » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:32 am

Dennis is still training pointing dogs and will be at the GSPCA Nationals. He is taking the fall off as several of his clients like to hunt their dogs in the fall and he can use the time to get the new venture up and running. He and Gary continue to own the Wisconsin location and Gary continues to operate there. I suspect the website may be down due to a lack of maintenance or the domain name may have expired.

madmurph

Post by madmurph » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:15 pm

That is great to hear. Although I have done more with Gary and don't know Dennis well, I think very highly of both Gary and Dennis. Dennis is a nationally known trainer and handler and his accomplishments speak for themselves. In addition to much guidance that Gary provided me over the years, one of my dogs spent a couple winters in Texas with them and I was very pleased with the end results. I wish both of them continued success in the future.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:16 pm

Their GoDaddy Domain was parked which is done by the customer not the provider. Something is up.