Upland boots

atothek

Upland boots

Post by atothek » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:32 pm

I know this topic has been discussed many times before. However, I am looking for advice to help me choose between a couple upland boots: irish setter wingshooters and the weinbrenner wood n stream flyway series. Does anyone have experience with either to help me sway one way or another? I am looking for a quality pair that will last a long time with some love and care :) I will be using them for pheasant in Kansas to quail in Arizona.
Thank you
Aaron

MNTonester

Re: Upland boots

Post by MNTonester » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:57 am

I think Outdoor Life just did a review of a bunch of footwear and the Weinbrenner were at the top of the heap

nevermind

Post by nevermind » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:52 pm

I bought a pair of irish setter havoc boots last year...I think their similar to the wingshooter. The boots are light weight and comfortable and I don't feel I have to hurry and get them off after a long day in the field. I will be surprised if they last more than a few seasons, but for the price I don't think their a bad deal. I hunt a lot of CRP ground and it's tough on toes of boots.

mask

Post by mask » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:18 am

nevermind wrote:I bought a pair of irish setter havoc boots last year...I think their similar to the wingshooter. The boots are light weight and comfortable and I don't feel I have to hurry and get them off after a long day in the field. I will be surprised if they last more than a few seasons, but for the price I don't think their a bad deal. I hunt a lot of CRP ground and it's tough on toes of boots.
Yep, +1 they are a good boot and I will get two chukar seasons out of them which is really good.

atothek

Post by atothek » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:14 am

Thanks for the replies. I ended up ordering the irish setter wingshooters and the weinbrenner flyway boots. I am going to send the irish setters back. The flyways are very comfortable and I like the reinforced toe area. I'm going to mink oil them before any usage.