What is Derby Broke ?

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: What is Derby Broke ?

Post by shags » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:47 pm

Too bad. You'd be hard pressed to find a better, more caring, and more passionate-about-their-dogs group of people anywhere.
Your loss :cry:

Fran Seagren

Post by Fran Seagren » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:18 pm

Legband wrote:Wow.
All I do is hunt my dogs but I have always been interested in trials,
but if this is the kind of bickering you find in the trial crowd and if the rule book is that ambiguous and if guys with decades of experience can't agree I think I will stick with hunting .
I never argue with my dog about the bird being there and My dog never argues about how far he has to go to retrieve it.
And when I talk with fellow hunters about my hunts it's enjoyable not stressful.
Talking about hunting is always going to be less stressful than when you're playing a game - especially a game where there's only one winner. You should have been at our family barbecue a few weeks ago. We had three games going on - bow shooting, knife throwing and croquet. The bow shooting and knife throwing didn't get too argumentative. It was pretty easy to see who the winner was, but the croquet game . . . well, we had to dig out the rules. We have a very competitive family. Too much fun. :)

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:01 pm

That lack of competition in hunting is what vaults it over all other pastimes, it is too important to be a game, too exalted. Taking a life, even of a bird, is serious.

But being very competitive drew me to field trials and sporting clays. I won't compare game bags with you, in fact if we are hunting together I will not object to you claiming every bird that is shot, you are welcome to carry them. But I will show my trophies and ribbons.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:01 pm

I have never found it that hard to compete with my dogs. It is much harder to agree on the internet.

Legband

Post by Legband » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:27 pm

Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote:I have never found it that hard to compete with my dogs. It is much harder to agree on the internet.
You make a valid point , This factor must be taken into consideration. Lol :lol: :lol: :lol: