Swimming Decoys

Legband

Swimming Decoys

Post by Legband » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:52 pm

I was recently Challenged on the use of the G&H Navigator Swimming Decoy in California before December 1st.
I tried to explain that the prohibition was only on spinning wing Decoys but the gentleman insisted it was any and all battery operated Decoy.
Since the Regulations are hard to read I requested a email response to the question from DFG that I could post on the net for clarity on the subject
Below is a copy of the email I received.

To Joe Hendrex
G&H ProStaff California
Dear Mr. Hendrex,
Your question is a good one and I am sorry for the confusion surrounding the use of battery operated decoys! The information you have received is correct… It is legal to use a battery operated swimming decoy. The prohibition is ONLY for spinning wings or spinning wing simulated devices. All other battery operated decoys which cause swimming, dabbling, and other non-spinning wing movement are not prohibited and may be used all season along.

Thank you for asking for the clarification.

Michael P. Carion
CA Dept of Fish and Wildlife
Chief, Law Enforcement Division
1416 Ninth St., Room 1342-B
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916)654-3812

P&PGunsmith

Re: Swimming Decoys

Post by P&PGunsmith » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:26 am

The rule was pretty clear, strange you got challenged. I have a game warden friend who told me it was surprising how many people think it is all motorized decoys. thanks for the clarification, hopefully it will help someone.

41magsnub

Post by 41magsnub » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:33 am

Those look cool. What I've always thought would cool would be a decoy shell on top of an RC boat. Lots of fun in the intervals between flocks coming in! :D

Legband

Post by Legband » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:34 pm

41magsnub wrote:Those look cool. What I've always thought would cool would be a decoy shell on top of an RC boat. Lots of fun in the intervals between flocks coming in! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: