Uplan chaps

czeger

Uplan chaps

Post by czeger » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:56 am

Need a reccomend action for a good pair of upland chaps thy are waterproof thinking filson single tin anyone have any experience

deke

Re: Uplan chaps

Post by deke » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:21 am

That is what I use, and I love them. Just have to re-wax them everyonce in a while. I actually just bought the full pants Friday night and used them on the opener. They are also nice, but a little bulky and hot.

nwnick

Post by nwnick » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:52 pm

I prefer the Filson Single Tin chaps as well.
I have both the Single and Double tin chaps and I generally find the doubles are too warm for me.
The new single tins don't have zippers at the bottom , the doubles do , the zippers are a plus for me. That's what sold me on the doubles but again they're usually too warm for me.
The older style single tin chaps had snap buttons on the bottom and a bellow to allow for slipping over your boots. They also have a leather bound hem as well makes 'em last a little longer. Filson doesn't make the older style any more but you can find them on Ebay if you're patient and you can find them in pretty decent shape as well
I've bought 3 pair just because they don't make them any more

Nick

MSU Aggie

Post by MSU Aggie » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Filson single tins, love them. I took mine to a canvas sewing place abd had them add a heavy duty zipper up to the knee. Worth every penny.

jack the dog

Post by jack the dog » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:13 am

Ditto with everyone else here. Filson single tin.