Pedigree Program

AZ Brittany Guy

Pedigree Program

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:09 pm

Need advice on PED program. I have used WinCanis pedigree program for many years and have a pretty good data base built up. I can no longer find the WinCanis program available. Can anyone direct me to a download of an exe. program or can anyone tell me of a program that I can easily transfer my Britt data base to it?

I will be happy to send a copy of my DB to anyone that has a program that is compatible to the WinCanis product.

Thanks in advance for any help

SwitchGrassWPG

Re: Pedigree Program

Post by SwitchGrassWPG » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:11 pm

If you can export your data in a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file, you can import it into just about any commercially available product. Your output file may need some manipulation to match the order of the programs data columns, but isn't something that requires an engineering degree.

I use Breedmate. It is a very stable and easy to use program.

Jay

AZ Brittany Guy

Re: Pedigree Program

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:38 pm

SwitchGrassWPG wrote:If you can export your data in a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file, you can import it into just about any commercially available product. Your output file may need some manipulation to match the order of the programs data columns, but isn't something that requires an engineering degree.

I use Breedmate. It is a very stable and easy to use program.

Jay
Thanks Jay, I just found the same WinsCanis program available for free un Red Setter Ped. The problem may be that it does not work well on Windows 7. I will give it a try.