Super Fun Trial Weekend Pics

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Super Fun Trial Weekend Pics

Post by RoostersMom » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:49 pm

IMG_5103 (1024x683).jpg
The road goes on forever and the party never ends......(Robert Earl Keen). I am just having a great time with these field trials so far. Been in the color pretty good, which is just an added bonus to meeting all these great people! Ran my own dog this weekend and she did excellent day two but didn't find a bird - hot and ugly in KS midday. However, I got to run my sister's dogs and they placed 2nd and 4th in Amateur Gun Dog. I ran a friend's dog in Amateur Limited Gun Dog (retrieve) and got a 2nd place as well. Pics are of my sister with her Hopper dog headed to callbacks.
IMG_5014 (1024x683).jpg
All dogs that placed in Amateur Gun Dog were trained at Perfection Kennel. Two dogs in Open (2nd and 4th) were also Perfection Kennel dogs. I'm so darn happy with Jon and how he's helped me with my dog - we're coming along well. Plus, we got to have Popcorn Night at the Trial on Saturday (something we do at home). The staked out dogs thought it was really groovy to catch the popcorn! I sure hope these trials remain fun for me - so far so good! The judges this weekend were just phenomenal - very nice guys and gal....very welcoming to newcomers. They did get a chuckle when I proceeded to flush a whole covey instead of just one bird and move on. Nobody told me you just need to flush one. I was all chasing them around and flushing all of them - it took a little while too! Newbie error.
IMG_4975 (1024x683).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: Super Fun Trial Weekend Pics

Post by DonF » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:34 am

That photo of all four dog's is super! The other's are very nice too, is that you in them? You and Holly, Gertie. Both went to a trial and both totally engrossed in it! Good for both of you.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:38 am

It's my sister and the other folks from the committee riding out. I hardly ever get any of me, because I've always got the camera! It was a lot of fun - though hot. I know when I get into this, it'll be cold and wet sometimes, but this weekend was darn near perfect (but a bit hot in the 80's during the afternoon braces).

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:52 am

I used to like running my dog's but I'm not very competitive. Instead I liked to watch the dog's so I got into judging and left the wife to handle the dog's. Loved sitting out there all day just to see a few dog's put down a great run. There's two run's I will see in my mind till the day I die. In AKC I watched Mike McGinnis's, MRK's Western Pride run at Boyce Corrals here in Oregon in the late 1980's. Absolutely fabulous run, never forget it. And then a few years ago, Red Delicious's Breelie ran in an AF Walking Shooting Dog. Every miserable minute I spent in the saddle was worth it to watch those two runs!

Fun dog

Post by Fun dog » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:57 am

If I ever make it to a field trial I want to go to one that Elsa is in. You sound like you are having too much fun. :D

NC Quailhunter

Post by NC Quailhunter » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:00 pm

Those are some great pics. Thanks for sharing. I am so happy to see that you are having so much fun. That males it so much more rewarding.

bhulisa

Post by bhulisa » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:59 am

Congrats and keep having fun! :D 8)

GSP_LAC

Post by GSP_LAC » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:03 am

Sounds like a fun weekend. Thanks for sharing the pics.