No one there with a camera!

DonF
GDF Junkie

No one there with a camera!

Post by DonF » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:33 pm

Shot the first bird for my Stormy this afternoon. He got on his first one and let me come quite a ways to flush it. Popped it out, let him go with it and fired the 28ga. Not a hitch. Intro'ed him to the gun about a month ago. But used a 22 handgun with 22 LR ammo. Didn't bother him a bit. Shot the 28 over him by accident about six month's ago. he'd jumped out of the car and came up behind me working with Squirt. Popped the bird on Squirt and fired a shot inn the air at about the same time he went flying by! Didn't faze him a bit.

Went to his second bird this afternoon and he was a good fifty yards off when he hit it. Let me come all the way up and around the front so I popped the bird and shot it. He was on it right now! Then he ruffed it up a bit playing with it but never punctured it with his teeth. Finally he picked it up and brought it to me. Got about a foot away and set it down and went looking for more. Guess I'm gonna have to start shooting more for him. No photo up there but got one last week I don't think I put on here. Made an 11x17 and framed it yesterday. He flipped me the bird yesterday but today I forgave him, love this little guy!

ckirsch

Re: No one there with a camera!

Post by ckirsch » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:10 pm

Great looking dog. Sounds like a keeper…...

Gertie

Re: No one there with a camera!

Post by Gertie » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:41 am

He's a looker Don! Can't wait to see him on some wild birds!