Dogtra 1900 NCP

FoxRed

Dogtra 1900 NCP

Post by FoxRed » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:26 am

Does anyone have experience with this collar? I was ready to pull the trigger on the Garmin Delta, but it seems to have many more negative reviews than positive, but the price was right.

Anyone have a good reason not to get the Dogtra 1900? I am already bumping my price up from the Garmin Delta :? . Is the receiver large on this collar?

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: Dogtra 1900 NCP

Post by DonF » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:34 am

I've got a 1900NCP, older one. Had it about six years now and haven't had any problem's with it.

aksportsman

Post by aksportsman » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:59 am

What breed are you getting the collar for? I recently bought a Garmin Delta Sport for my brittany. I saw some negative reviews and it seemed that the largest reason was poor prong contact to the dog's skin... That being said when properly fitted I have had no issues with the collar and it has worked great. the contact prongs are short but for most breeds I doubt it will cause an issue. The only thing that I would change are buttons on the controler, being rubber like a tv remote they don't compress like those on sporting dog collars that I have used and feel a little clumsy. hope that helps

FoxRed

Post by FoxRed » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:20 pm

I will be using it for my pointing lab. She is small 30lbs now and will only be about 50-55. I actually ended up going with the Garmin Delta for a few different reasons. One being the price and second being the size of the transmitter on the collar. The transmitter is only 2.4oz compared to the Dogtra 1900 NCP is 8oz. The dimensions on the Dogtra are also larger. Both have very similar features.

I have really debated about which one to get so I plan on doing a full write up on the delta and what I think of it.

Big bloc

Post by Big bloc » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:09 am

I bought one of these back in June. I couldn't be more happier. This thing is great . I give it a thumbs up. Good luck