TRAD'S FIRST SEASON

Irishwhistler

TRAD'S FIRST SEASON

Post by Irishwhistler » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:37 pm

I just recently celebrated the first anniversary of owning my Labrador Retriever TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN TRAD JH. We celebrated the special day doing some pheasant hunting with friends.

TRAD loves upland bird hunting and has 21 birds retrieved to date this season, and a number more birds flushed. TRAD is steady to wing and shot and will remain so until released by my calling his name to make the retrieve. TRAD will be 14 months old in 3 days.

TRAD flushed eight birds during the upland hunt and we managed to shoot five of them. TRAD retrieved each bird to hand in classic style.

In actuality, TRAD and I will be primarily hunting for waterfowl, that being the prime focus of most of TRAD'S training over the last year. We do participate in Hunt Tests and TRAD earned his AKC Junior Hunter Title this past summer 27 days prior to his first birthday on 8/30/14.
TRAD getting the job done on his first hunt for Canada Geese on 10/15/14. TRAD retrieved 11 geese to hand during this hunt, most birds were "marked" but he was handled on a few blinds as well.
Hard to believe this was TRAD last October. TEAM TRAD has come a long way in our first year together. With diligent training, we will make many more gains as time moves forward. Working with TRAD has been a joy.

Cheers Mates,
IRISHWHISTLER

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: TRAD'S FIRST SEASON

Post by DonF » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:02 pm

Nice dog!

Irishwhistler

Re: TRAD'S FIRST SEASON

Post by Irishwhistler » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:06 pm

DonF wrote:Nice dog!
Don,