O/U shotguns

User avatar
MGIII
Rank: Champion
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 9:22 am
Location: Chandler, AZ

O/U shotguns

Post by MGIII » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:25 pm

I'm looking to buy a 20ga O/U for quail hunting and want to know what your preferences are. I don't want to spend over $1,500.
I know the Franchi instinct, the mossberg international reserve II, and maybe a used browning citori are all in that price range. I don't shoot a lot, maybe a few times a year so I see no need to spend over $1500 although i do want a quality gun. I am open to a 12ga also

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Gooseman07
Rank: Master Hunter
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:38 pm
Location: Middletown, DE

O/U shotguns

Post by Gooseman07 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:05 pm

I have a Citori I bought for half that amount. It's pristine condition as well.

User avatar
MGIII
Rank: Champion
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 9:22 am
Location: Chandler, AZ

O/U shotguns

Post by MGIII » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:14 pm

Gooseman07 wrote:I have a Citori I bought for half that amount. It's pristine condition as well.
Where did you find that deal? What choke system does it have?

User avatar
Sharon
GDF Junkie
Posts: 8238
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 4:46 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by Sharon » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:36 pm

I had a Weatherby Orion in that price range that I really enjoyed.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie
Posts: 2509
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:12 am
Location: ILLA NOISE..................

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by lvrgsp » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:38 am

Might check out the Cz 's in that price range also..

jetjockey
Rank: 3X Champion
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by jetjockey » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:36 am

In that price range, you simply will not beat a Miroku. It's a Browning at half the cost. If you've never heard of Miroku, it's a Japanese company that build really nice shotguns, including most of the Brownings.
http://www.gunsinternational.com/Miroku ... =100485044

http://www.gunsinternational.com/4476-B ... =100493170

User avatar
MGIII
Rank: Champion
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 9:22 am
Location: Chandler, AZ

O/U shotguns

Post by MGIII » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:53 am

Thanks everyone. Have any of you shot or have a franchi renaissance? I found one that is a really good price.

User avatar
hettmoe
Rank: Senior Hunter
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:18 am
Location: ND

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by hettmoe » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:54 am

I'm a Red Label guy. :)

User avatar
dog dr
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:02 pm
Location: Pike County, IL

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by dog dr » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:59 am

I also have a Weatherby Orion that i really like. 12 gauge, however. Found it on gunbroker for about $900, brand new.

CCBIRDDOGMAN
Rank: Senior Hunter
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:38 am
Location: Cedar Creek Lake, TX

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by CCBIRDDOGMAN » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:33 am

If I had the cash to drop, I would get a Ruger Red Label all weather (matte stainless & black composite stock)

User avatar
Tooling
Rank: 3X Champion
Posts: 523
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:32 am

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by Tooling » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:39 am

Another vote for a Ruger Red Label - it's a solid gun

User avatar
klewis
Rank: Junior Hunter
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:01 pm
Location: central ky.

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by klewis » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:47 am

hettmoe wrote:I'm a Red Label guy. :)
for me also cant beat a red label

User avatar
MGIII
Rank: Champion
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 9:22 am
Location: Chandler, AZ

O/U shotguns

Post by MGIII » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:24 am

klewis wrote:
hettmoe wrote:I'm a Red Label guy. :)
for me also cant beat a red label

I'll look into those

User avatar
deseeker
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:38 pm
Location: Blair, Nebraska

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by deseeker » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:42 am

klewis wrote:
hettmoe wrote:I'm a Red Label guy. :)
for me also cant beat a red label
Me too--I've got two 50th aniversary guns (one in a 20 ga. & one in a 12 ga)---BUT I still like my Beretta A300 for hunting phez

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie
Posts: 2509
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:12 am
Location: ILLA NOISE..................

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by lvrgsp » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:03 am

The Miroku produced Charles Daly's are also very very nice guns, for the price , the fit and finish on them is amazing. Miroku is who Browning had build there O/U's, and a host of other lines of guns...

User avatar
nikegundog
GDF Junkie
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:21 am
Location: SW Minnesota

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by nikegundog » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:12 am

+4 on the Red Label.

User avatar
Coveyrise64
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:57 am
Location: Oklahoma

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by Coveyrise64 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:25 am

MGIII wrote:I'm looking to buy a 20ga O/U for quail hunting and want to know what your preferences are. I don't want to spend over $1,500.
I know the Franchi instinct, the mossberg international reserve II, and maybe a used browning citori are all in that price range. I don't shoot a lot, maybe a few times a year so I see no need to spend over $1500 although i do want a quality gun. I am open to a 12ga also.
Several members of our NAVHDA chapter have bought 20ga. Yildiz O/U from Academy Sports. For around $500 they are a good gun bargain for training and/or limited hunting. If I didn't already have two O/U's I'd be looking at one myself. The guns also have quite a following on the ShotgunWorld forum.

cr

User avatar
kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!
Posts: 7829
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:45 am
Location: Coolidge AZ

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:38 pm

I i have the CZ woodcock deluxe

User avatar
gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie
Posts: 4561
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:38 pm
Location: NE WI.

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by gonehuntin' » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:05 pm

Love the Instinct SL

Gooseman07
Rank: Master Hunter
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:38 pm
Location: Middletown, DE

O/U shotguns

Post by Gooseman07 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:38 pm

MGIII wrote:
Gooseman07 wrote:I have a Citori I bought for half that amount. It's pristine condition as well.
Where did you find that deal? What choke system does it have?
It is a fixed choke, full/mod from '75 according to the serial number. I bought it at an auction about 3 years ago. It only had one scratch when I bought it so I imagine it hadn't been used much but I've shot a few rounds and some birds with it, hunting and training. I love that gun. I would buy another if it fit the budget, probably with interchangeable chokes next time. It gives you more options.

User avatar
Mikezx18
Rank: Junior Hunter
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:17 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by Mikezx18 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:36 pm

You can probably pick up a nice Beretta Silver Pigeon for under that in the used market

User avatar
MGIII
Rank: Champion
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 9:22 am
Location: Chandler, AZ

O/U shotguns

Post by MGIII » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:16 pm

Mikezx18 wrote:You can probably pick up a nice Beretta Silver Pigeon for under that in the used market
Trust me I've been looking.

User avatar
Tooling
Rank: 3X Champion
Posts: 523
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:32 am

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by Tooling » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:02 pm

MGIII wrote:
Mikezx18 wrote:You can probably pick up a nice Beretta Silver Pigeon for under that in the used market
Trust me I've been looking.
Also a very nice gun & and somewhat a step up in quality from the factory as compared to the Ruger...the difference in quality comes down to manufacturing techniques, refinement, and the $$ you are willing to pay to get what you appreciate. The price point you are stepping into can be a slippery slope...kudos to you for doing your homework. Patience & knowledge pays in this situation.

User avatar
Fran Seagren
Rank: Senior Hunter
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:52 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by Fran Seagren » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:55 pm

Browning Citori 625 Feather 26" barrel. Great quail gun.

User avatar
MGIII
Rank: Champion
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 9:22 am
Location: Chandler, AZ

O/U shotguns

Post by MGIII » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:45 am


MonsterDad
Rank: 4X Champion
Posts: 600
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:10 pm

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by MonsterDad » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:07 pm

MGIII wrote:I'm going to look at the cz wingshooter this week.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-wingshoote ... oke-tubes/

Or canvasback
http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-canvasback ... oke-tubes/
Don't do it. Buy a Browning, any of the Italian guns (Beretta, Franchi, Rizzini, etc), the SKB's that were made in Japan or a Ruger Red Label. Get a used one even if they are more expensive than the CZ.

The used SKB's and Ruger's are relatively inexpensive compared to the Browning and Italian guns.

People don't like to sell their Beretta White Onyx guns but keep an eye out for one. They are generally around $1,000 used.

User avatar
MGIII
Rank: Champion
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 9:22 am
Location: Chandler, AZ

O/U shotguns

Post by MGIII » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:32 pm

MonsterDad wrote:
MGIII wrote:I'm going to look at the cz wingshooter this week.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-wingshoote ... oke-tubes/

Or canvasback
http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-canvasback ... oke-tubes/
Don't do it. Buy a Browning, any of the Italian guns (Beretta, Franchi, Rizzini, etc), the SKB's that were made in Japan or a Ruger Red Label. Get a used one even if they are more expensive than the CZ.

The used SKB's and Ruger's are relatively inexpensive compared to the Browning and Italian guns.

People don't like to sell their Beretta White Onyx guns but keep an eye out for one. They are generally around $1,000 used.

Ok now tell me why I shouldn't do it? I have heard more good things than bad about CZs.

orbirdhunter
Rank: Senior Hunter
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:43 am
Location: Spokane washington

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by orbirdhunter » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:48 pm

I think that cz are ok. But in that price range with a little patience you can find a little higher quality gun. Like some others have mentioned. Entry level Beretta or browning or Skb would be where I would look first personally. Any of those will literally last the rest of your life....

User avatar
nikegundog
GDF Junkie
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:21 am
Location: SW Minnesota

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by nikegundog » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:58 pm

MGIII wrote:
MonsterDad wrote:
MGIII wrote:I'm going to look at the cz wingshooter this week.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-wingshoote ... oke-tubes/

Or canvasback
http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-canvasback ... oke-tubes/
Don't do it. Buy a Browning, any of the Italian guns (Beretta, Franchi, Rizzini, etc), the SKB's that were made in Japan or a Ruger Red Label. Get a used one even if they are more expensive than the CZ.

The used SKB's and Ruger's are relatively inexpensive compared to the Browning and Italian guns.

People don't like to sell their Beretta White Onyx guns but keep an eye out for one. They are generally around $1,000 used.

Ok now tell me why I shouldn't do it? I have heard more good things than bad about CZs.
I look at it this way, spend $1,100 on a quality used double, hunt with it for 10 years and you still have a $1000-1100 gun. Spend $700 on a new cheaper quality gun and in ten years you have a $500 gun.

User avatar
MGIII
Rank: Champion
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 9:22 am
Location: Chandler, AZ

O/U shotguns

Post by MGIII » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:37 pm

nikegundog wrote:
MGIII wrote:
MonsterDad wrote: Don't do it. Buy a Browning, any of the Italian guns (Beretta, Franchi, Rizzini, etc), the SKB's that were made in Japan or a Ruger Red Label. Get a used one even if they are more expensive than the CZ.

The used SKB's and Ruger's are relatively inexpensive compared to the Browning and Italian guns.

People don't like to sell their Beretta White Onyx guns but keep an eye out for one. They are generally around $1,000 used.

Ok now tell me why I shouldn't do it? I have heard more good things than bad about CZs.
I look at it this way, spend $1,100 on a quality used double, hunt with it for 10 years and you still have a $1000-1100 gun. Spend $700 on a new cheaper quality gun and in ten years you have a $500 gun.
Makes Sense.

jetjockey
Rank: 3X Champion
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by jetjockey » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:04 pm

That's why you should look for a Miroku. Awesome guns without the extra price tag, and twice the gun of the CZ. Miroku's are Brownings without paying for the name. Research them and you will find they are just as respected as a Browning or Beretta.

MonsterDad
Rank: 4X Champion
Posts: 600
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:10 pm

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by MonsterDad » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:53 am

MGIII wrote:
MonsterDad wrote:
MGIII wrote:I'm going to look at the cz wingshooter this week.

Don't do it. Buy a Browning, any of the Italian guns (Beretta, Franchi, Rizzini, etc), the SKB's that were made in Japan or a Ruger Red Label. Get a used one even if they are more expensive than the CZ.

The used SKB's and Ruger's are relatively inexpensive compared to the Browning and Italian guns.

People don't like to sell their Beretta White Onyx guns but keep an eye out for one. They are generally around $1,000 used.

Ok now tell me why I shouldn't do it? I have heard more good things than bad about CZs.
I have a CZ Redhead in 20 gauge. It has been repaired a few times for not firing the top barrel. The finish is very weak and chips easily, leaving bare wood spots. The finished is not really stain rather a color coating. I am not expert in milling but put the receivers of a CZ next to the others and you can easily see a difference.

I paid about $750 for it and probably couldn't get more than $300 or $400 for it. I have two Beretta's which I don't plan to sell but they have held 90% of their value.

Look around for an SKB 505. Just confirm they are the pre-buyout of SKB and are the Japanese made SKB's. The Miroku's are awesome guns too. They are around used as well.

User avatar
MGIII
Rank: Champion
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 9:22 am
Location: Chandler, AZ

O/U shotguns

Post by MGIII » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:37 am

MonsterDad wrote:
MGIII wrote:
MonsterDad wrote:
Ok now tell me why I shouldn't do it? I have heard more good things than bad about CZs.
I have a CZ Redhead in 20 gauge. It has been repaired a few times for not firing the top barrel. The finish is very weak and chips easily, leaving bare wood spots. The finished is not really stain rather a color coating. I am not expert in milling but put the receivers of a CZ next to the others and you can easily see a difference.

I paid about $750 for it and probably couldn't get more than $300 or $400 for it. I have two Beretta's which I don't plan to sell but they have held 90% of their value.

Look around for an SKB 505. Just confirm they are the pre-buyout of SKB and are the Japanese made SKB's. The Miroku's are awesome guns too. They are around used as well.
Thanks for the info.

User avatar
Big Dave
Rank: 2X Champion
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:44 am
Location: Northwest Missouri

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by Big Dave » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:17 am

I shot an 1100 Remington for 25 years, I now have a SKB GC 7. I really like it and payed around $1,000 new a few years ago. One of my hunting buddies shoots SKB's, 505 and 585 mostly.

User avatar
MGIII
Rank: Champion
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 9:22 am
Location: Chandler, AZ

O/U shotguns

Post by MGIII » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:43 pm

Is $1500 too much for a franchi elite with only 25 rounds through it?

User avatar
Brazosvalleyvizslas
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:20 am
Location: Soon2be, Texas

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:35 pm

jetjockey wrote:That's why you should look for a Miroku. Awesome guns without the extra price tag, and twice the gun of the CZ. Miroku's are Brownings without paying for the name. Research them and you will find they are just as respected as a Browning or Beretta.
Huh? I work in the shooting industry. No way does a Miroku compare to a Beretta or Browning

outofrshell
Rank: Just A Pup
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:28 pm
Location: Shell,Wyoming

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by outofrshell » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:46 pm

If you find a good deal on a Franchi Renaissance I would buy it, they are a great gun with a lot features only found in much higher price range. I have a 20 gauge that I use on every thing including trap and skeet and it has been trouble but it's greatest attribute is it's weight when your chasing chukars all day. Franchi's new Instinct is also nice but a little more money. Dave

Sundby
Rank: Junior Hunter
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:29 pm
Location: Williston, North Dakota

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by Sundby » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:16 pm

I have a 20ga franchi instinct 28" barrels, 50 shells through it, it's nice in great shape I bought it a few months ago, but I don't shoot it enough, will sell for $750, new there $1100.

jetjockey
Rank: 3X Champion
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by jetjockey » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:29 pm

Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote:
jetjockey wrote:That's why you should look for a Miroku. Awesome guns without the extra price tag, and twice the gun of the CZ. Miroku's are Brownings without paying for the name. Research them and you will find they are just as respected as a Browning or Beretta.
Huh? I work in the shooting industry. No way does a Miroku compare to a Beretta or Browning

Your kidding right? Miroku makes many of the Brownings.

For those of you wondering what a Miroku is. Miroku is the Japanese company who makes many of the Brownings. They have an agreement not to market any guns in the U.S. under the Miroku name. However, many people actually think the Miroku branded shotguns have better fit and finish then the Browning that they also build. But Mirokus aren't marketed in the US. Miroku makes fantastic shotguns that are easily equal to Brownings (which they make) and Betettas.

http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/sho ... -5-shotgun

User avatar
Mikezx18
Rank: Junior Hunter
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:17 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by Mikezx18 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:55 pm

Look at High Grade Shooter Supply. They have used guns in your price range.

http://higradeshooters.com/

User avatar
Brazosvalleyvizslas
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:20 am
Location: Soon2be, Texas

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:39 pm

jetjockey wrote:
Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote:
jetjockey wrote:That's why you should look for a Miroku. Awesome guns without the extra price tag, and twice the gun of the CZ. Miroku's are Brownings without paying for the name. Research them and you will find they are just as respected as a Browning or Beretta.
Huh? I work in the shooting industry. No way does a Miroku compare to a Beretta or Browning

Your kidding right? Miroku makes many of the Brownings.

For those of you wondering what a Miroku is. Miroku is the Japanese company who makes many of the Brownings. They have an agreement not to market any guns in the U.S. under the Miroku name. However, many people actually think the Miroku branded shotguns have better fit and finish then the Browning that they also build. But Mirokus aren't marketed in the US. Miroku makes fantastic shotguns that are easily equal to Brownings (which they make) and Betettas.

http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/sho ... -5-shotgun
Yes they do but the quality is not the same.

jetjockey
Rank: 3X Champion
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by jetjockey » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:58 pm

Yes it is. Like I said, many people think the Miroku's are actually better. Do some research. Not to mention many of the Mirokus are the exact same guns as the Browning they make, without the Browning name. Look at a Browning, and it probably says Miroku gun Company on the barrels. If you can find a difference in a Miroku and a Citori, Im all ears. Because they are exactly the same gun.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=777

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie
Posts: 2509
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:12 am
Location: ILLA NOISE..................

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by lvrgsp » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:35 pm

Miroku is a great gun and they make the Brownings, same factory same castings. They have for years and it is no secret. They also have made the SKBs and the Charles Dalys, all very good guns

User avatar
GunDogAdventures
Rank: Senior Hunter
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:23 pm
Location: Rockwall County Texas

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by GunDogAdventures » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:35 am

I'm picking up my first O/U tomorrow, a 12 gauge CZ-USA Upland Sterling with 5 choke tubes. It'll be fun getting out to the range with this, patterning the different chokes and getting a feel for it. Anyone have an experience with this one?

nevermind
Rank: Senior Hunter
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:02 am

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by nevermind » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:40 am

MGIII....everyone has their opinion on the best bang for your $. Here's my take on a gun...find one in your price range that fits you. No matter what the quality, if it doesn't hit where you point it's not the gun for you. Do you have access to a laser bore sight? if so it's a good tool to see where the a gun points, also a good practice tool for proper mount. You can make a gun fit, but some adjustments can be costly.

User avatar
magspa
Rank: Master Hunter
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:31 am
Location: South, TX

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by magspa » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:05 pm

What about Webley & Scott?

MonsterDad
Rank: 4X Champion
Posts: 600
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:10 pm

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by MonsterDad » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:58 am

GunDogAdventures wrote:I'm picking up my first O/U tomorrow, a 12 gauge CZ-USA Upland Sterling with 5 choke tubes. It'll be fun getting out to the range with this, patterning the different chokes and getting a feel for it. Anyone have an experience with this one?
I have experience with a 20 gauge Redhead. Don't shoot skeet or trap with it. After one season it will need repair.

jetjockey
Rank: 3X Champion
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by jetjockey » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:30 am

magspa wrote:What about Webley & Scott?
As far as I know, the Webley and Scott guns being made today are not the guns they used to be. They are now made in Turkey, just like the CZ's. Turkish doubles have yet to recover from the well built reputation of building junk guns. With that said, many people used to say the same thing about Spanish doubles. The problem with Turkish guns is there are several manufactures That make guns branded under different names. It's hard to know what exactly your getting. Some can be just fine and actually pretty nice, and others are junk. I have heard way to many stories about the cheaper Turkish built guns such as the CZ's, to ever own one. Some of the new Webley and Scott's look pretty nice though, but they have the price tag as well. For the price of their top of the line guns, you can get an AYA #2, a Ceasar Guerini, Beretta 686 SP V, etc. Unless they are something special, it's going to be a tough market to crack with a Turkish built gun.

User avatar
DonF
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3771
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:09 pm
Location: Antelope, Ore

Re: O/U shotguns

Post by DonF » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:09 am

I had a Miroku, said Charles Daley on the barrel's. Very nice gun!

User avatar
MGIII
Rank: Champion
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 9:22 am
Location: Chandler, AZ

O/U shotguns

Post by MGIII » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:58 pm

Well I found a beretta 686 black onyx 20ga for a good price.
Last edited by MGIII on Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply