e collar

ruffbritt4

e collar

Post by ruffbritt4 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:26 pm

What e collar do you use and how do you like it?

CDN_Cocker

Re: e collar

Post by CDN_Cocker » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:43 pm

Dogtra 300m. Love it. Nice small receiver.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:45 pm

Dogtra 2500 Beeper/ecollar . Suits me fine. Enjoyed it for several years.

http://www.gundogsupply.com/dogtra-2500.html

ruffbritt4

Post by ruffbritt4 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:21 pm

I really liked my tri tronics sport basic g3 but it's discontinued .

Fran Seagren

Post by Fran Seagren » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:25 pm

I have the, now discontinued, TriTronics Sport Basic G3 collar units. Also purchased this past summer the new Garmin Delta Sport that has a bark collar included. I've used the TriTronics for many years and have been happy with the product and service. Haven't had any problems with the Garmin yet, but could have saved the extra bucks it cost to get the unit with the bark limiter. I don't like how it works. It doesn't let "me" choose how to set the intensity. It automatically "ups" it each time the dogs barks. So, I just don't use that feature.

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:09 pm

I have a TriTronics Flyway Special EXP. The unit is idiot simple to operate and I can do it by feel, never needing to take my eyes off the dog.

Actually the unit I bought was one that preceded the EXP by a couple of models. When the battery croaked about ten years ago, I called them to send it in. They offered me a deal I could not pass up. For about twice the cost of the battery, they replaced the guts of the transmitter and replaced the entire collar, upgrading the whole unit to an EXP.

Unlike some of the later Tritronics units, batteries are still available for the EXP, so unless I lose or somehow destroy the unit, I will be good to go for my lifetime.

I have trained several pointing dogs to field trial standards with that unit. It is all I have ever needed.

RayG

ruffbritt4

Post by ruffbritt4 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:46 pm

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone have experience with the tri tronics pro 550?

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:39 pm

I use a TT Sport Basic and like it well enough. I used to have a Classic 70 G3 and liked it more. A while back I used an Innotek ADV1002. Innotek is a terrible brand and I would never suggest one to anybody, but I still think it is the best transmitter layout ever. Very simple and easy and no toggling between receivers or adjusting levels after you switch to a different receiver. I wish Dogtra would use that layout with one of their collars.