Feds to make 21 Minimum Age for Hunters

Legband

Feds to make 21 Minimum Age for Hunters

Post by Legband » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:13 am

Federal Government To Restrict Hunting By Setting A Minimum Age Of 21
Posted about 1 week ago | 92 comments
Email

Family hunting expeditions like the one shown will be a thing of the past thanks to a new Federal regulation.
<National Report>The United States Government has decided 2015 is the year to enact a new nationwide “minimum hunting age” of 21. Previously, each state has set its own minimum age for a hunter to hunt alone and sometimes a different age for minors to hunt while in the company of an adult.

The federal regulation, set to go into effect on July 1st, 2015, will supersede all existing hunting age restrictions in all fifty U.S. states. For example, prior to this ruling Alaska had no license require for any hunters under the age of 15; meaning that a four-year old could go out and hunt game with or without adult supervision. Under the new policy, any hunters under the age of 21 will be locked out of the sport and all hunters over 21 will be required to show a national hunting license upon request from a game warden.

In addition to the nationwide minimum hunting age now being 21, all hunters will have to take a federally sponsored annual “hunting safety and wildlife appreciation” course which will feature a written exam that must be passed to be eligible to receive a National Hunting License. All prospective hunters must also pass an annual physical endurance test and receive clearance from their primary care physician. Under these new regulations, individual state licenses will no longer be required and state game wardens will become federalized.

Younger hunters will be able to first take the safety and appreciation course starting at the age of 19. They will then be allowed to participate in no more than three ‘mock hunts’ per year which will be organized by the federally approved groups offering the courses. The ‘mock hunt’ will not feature live ammunition or live game but will attempt to simulate an actual hunt as closely as possible. 20-year-old prospective hunters will be able to apply for a license up to sixty days before their birthday, however, the license will not be valid until their actual date of birth.

“We wanted to be sure that everyone was able to successfully plan a hunting expedition with their loved ones for a twenty-first birthday party,” explained U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service spokesman Gregory Pearson. “We realize that these changes will be upsetting to some so we tried to make this transition as painless as possible.”

The new federal regulations have, predictably, been met with outrage from the hunting and gun enthusiast communities.

The National Rifle Association has begun a petition asking for the immediate repeal of these new restrictions. When contacted, they presented a prepared statement that said they intend to “challenge these restrictions” and demand that “states are once again given the right to dictate who is allowed to hunt and when”. The NRA also is in strict opposition to the penalties levied upon violators of the new regulations that include the seizure of firearms. A first offense of “hunting with a minor under the age of 21″ will result in immediate suspension of their National Hunting License for one year. A second offense will result in the confiscation of all hunting implements, including firearms, bows and their ammunition, and potentially a fine and jail time. A third offense will result in mandatory jail time as well as the fines and confiscations second time offenders are subject to. Likewise, anyone under 21 caught with hunting tools or weapons will have the instruments confiscated and will be subject to time in a juvenile detention center. Repeat offenders will be denied the ability to apply for a federal license.

There has been quite an uproar on the internet by Americans unhappy with the changes. Herb Boucher, of Glenview Hills, Kentucky posted the following on a Facebook discussion about the new restrictions, “I took my boy out on his first hunt when he was just five. He’s fifteen now and I will not stop hunting with him no matter what that Obama idiot has to say. That is my time with my boy and they can’t stop me, I’d like to see them try.”

“The thing to remember is that hunting is a privilege, not a right,” concluded spokesman Pearson. “We hope that these new restrictions will teach all Americans the value of wildlife and how to safely conduct themselves on a hunt. Far too often, the television shows children grow up watching glamorize the wrong aspects of hunting wild game and we intend to teach them the proper mindset to be in while out in the forest.”

- See more at: http://nationalreport.net/federal-gover ... 6TKlB.dpuf

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Feds to make 21 Minimum Age for Hunters

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:23 am

Even though it says this has been widely advertised I do not believe it as I have never heard it mentioned. How did the federal Government take over hunting tights within the states without passing through congress and without a single complaint from the states. Just doesn't make sense to me. And there isn't any reason for such a law.

Ezzy

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:28 am

MJB64

Post by MJB64 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:32 am

Legband,
Do a little research before spreading this crap.

Doc E

Post by Doc E » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:52 am

But - gee - It came in an email, so it MUST be true. :lol:

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:53 am

We live in a world of over-reaction.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:05 am

Even if it were true it wouldn't fly. Just turn a whole bunch of hunter's into poacher's. The thing that they don't get and most the state's don't get is that hunter's are gonna hunt, legal or otherwise.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:11 am

Another conservative joke to stir things up. The last thing the fed wants to deal with is hunting.
Of curse it is Obama's idea.
What crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Cj

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:13 am

This alert and stab at manipulation and an enflaming of the choir is wrong when either side of any issue decides to sink that low.....be nice if today, the end did not so often justify the means.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:14 am

cjhills wrote:Another conservative joke to stir things up. The last thing the fed wants to deal with is hunting.
And here is the first person to try and make it political!

MNTonester

Post by MNTonester » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:07 am

Were this not a hoax; the premise was totally political and not out of the realm of possibility of our current overlords

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:05 pm

MNTonester wrote:..... our current overlords
:D...overlords
"Current" though, might well be the important word, if it is defined as....most recent.

I long for4 November 5th.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:02 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
cjhills wrote:Another conservative joke to stir things up. The last thing the fed wants to deal with is hunting.
I think an article like that, on this forum, is political by nature.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:02 pm

What is the allowed age for hunting in the USA? It's 12 or younger in Canada( if you need to hunt to survive like some Inuit families).

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-f ... ur-eng.htm

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:55 pm

Sharon wrote:What is the allowed age for hunting in the USA? It's 12 or younger in Canada( if you need to hunt to survive like some Inuit families).

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-f ... ur-eng.htm
In Mn 10 year olds can hunt deer accompanied by a parent or guardian, I think the license is free. They do not need gun and hunter education, because they need to be twelve to take that.
All states have there own laws. Mostly I think around 10 to 12 years old............................Cj

Nutmeg247

Post by Nutmeg247 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:00 pm

No minimum age in NV for upland, but I think you need to be 14+ to hunt on your own. I had to take hunter safety when I moved here due to lack of reciprocity, and interestingly about half the class was under 12 even though apparently hunter safety isn't required until 12.

Legband

Post by Legband » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:11 pm

You can hunt birds in California as long as someone will let you in the hunter safety class and you can pass it.
My son was hunting ducks at 8 years old.

DougB

Post by DougB » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:25 pm

Apparently the National Report used to post this disclaimer:
“*DISCLAIMER: National Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within National Report are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental . The views expressed by writers on this site are theirs alone and are not reflective of the fine journalistic and editorial integrity of National Report. Advice given is NOT to be construed as professional. If you are in need of professional help (and you may be if you are on this page), please consult a professional. National Report is intended for a mature audience and not for children under the age of 18,” it said.
And in the world of the web, everything is true, especially if it is seen (exact words-copy/paste) more than once.