tri tronics pro 550

ruffbritt4

tri tronics pro 550

Post by ruffbritt4 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:49 am

Anyone have experience with this collar? How do you like it?

Ms. Cage

Re: tri tronics pro 550

Post by Ms. Cage » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:06 am

Our 550 should arrive tomorrow. Wish the 100 was still available.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Ms. Cage wrote:Our 550 should arrive tomorrow. Wish the 100 was still available.
You should like the 550... I love mine but to each their own

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:44 pm

Reviewed by my husband. Got my Tri tronic 550 today . First off wish it was a 100. Much rather pay another $100.00 and have it made in the USA. The cons, the lights on the receiver I find no need for. I'll tape that off for the duck blind. the bark eliminator can hit the road. I'd rather have a bark collar separate. IMO both a useless drain on the battery and more to go wrong. Pros, Better charging system then the cradles. I like the viberation. Not for training but condition the dog to come with the vib for pheasant hunting where you need to keep your mouth shut. Did some ff today and a run in the field. I was at the same levels as my old 100. Called the Collar Clinic where I got mine a found out they do make a charger that plugs into the cig lighter. Like the fact that I can charge beating down the road, ordered one. If this new 550 gives me the 10 years of trouble free like my old 100 I'll be tickled....

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:00 pm

I just bought a Pro 70 3 dog system,which is what I have always used. The receivers are the same as the 550 and seem to be much better than the older model the keepers for the collar are much heavier and they have 4 where the old ones had three all my collars were held to the receivers with electrician tape. The system goes forever without charging. I spent five days in the Superior National Forest with no electricity and every thing work great.
As Ms Cage said I too have very little use for the light. The bark collar is brutal every time the dog barks it goes up a notch. The dog I tried it on yelped from the first jolt and it hit him again harder. he freak and I took it off. I will say this he hasn't barked since.
Outside of having no accessory setting and the bark collar it seems to be better than my old system...........cJ

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:01 pm

I just bought a Pro 70 3 dog system,which is what I have always used. The receivers are the same as the 550 and seem to be much better than the older model the keepers for the collar are much heavier and they have 4 where the old ones had three all my collars were held to the receivers with electrician tape. The system goes forever without charging. I spent five days in the Superior National Forest with no electricity and every thing work great.
As Ms Cage said I too have very little use for the light. The bark collar is brutal every time the dog barks it goes up a notch. The dog I tried it on yelped from the first jolt and it hit him again harder. he freak and I took it off. I will say this he hasn't barked since.
Outside of having no accessory setting and the bark collar it seems to be better than my old system...........cJ