Please share! Help Chubby find his way home.

thedogmother

Please share! Help Chubby find his way home.

Post by thedogmother » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:15 am

Please share and help Chubby find his way home. He was found in Montana on the verge of death. They think he is a lost hunting dog.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Billings ... n=timeline

Chubby here to give you an update. Casey Page thank you so much for taking a picture of me that shows my good side. I have been moved into a different "house" but I am still in dog room one. I have gained about 11/2 pounds. I got two vaccinations one with a needle and one was an intranasal. I really freaked out with the intranasal one. I thought they were trying to kill me. I didn't hurt but if you ever used a nasal spray you can appreciate my fear. I am getting to know all of the dogs that live here. Everyone has such an interesting story. I am going to have some tests run on Wednesday to see how my kidneys are dealing with the stress my body has endured because of lack of food. I am told I am famous and my picture is being shared across America. Some people think I look this way because I was deliberately starved. I can tell you that I wasn't neglected and starved on purpose. My mind is a little muddled right now but my thinking improves daily as my body chemistry improves with food and supplements and I'll soon be able to remember what happened to me. I had an injury once and you can see that I saw a vet to have it stitched up. That is a sure way for my owner to identify me. I am still getting chicken and rice to eat and I am working my way up to full portions of regular dog kibble. I get feed several times a day but the number of feeding are decreasing and the portions are getting bigger. The chicken and rice makes my tummy feel full but it doesn't put a lot of stress on my intestines. Rice I am told digests in my tummy and that is why it's safe for me to eat. In a couple of days I will get some kibble with higher protein to help me gain weight. I sleep a lot and the volunteers tell me that it is okay because my body heals better when it is resting. I get several short walks everyday so my muscles can get stretched and grow. I passed a lot of round worms and my tummy is feeling better. Soon I will get medicine for tape worms and I will be tested for heart worms. Please keep sharing my picture so my people can find me. I am a hunting dog and my folks may live in a different state. German Shorthair Pointer clubs would be the best place to share my picture or with a breeder that specializes in GSP dogs. I am so thankful that Tim saw me and took me to his house and then to BARK. It is very doubtful I would have survived the freezing rain and snow. I wanted to let you know what I've been up to and that I am doing okay. A young man called Jason C. just came in to give me a massage so I will say goodnight for now.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Please share! Help Chubby find his way home.

Post by Sharon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:51 pm

Very touching. We need to do all we can to not lose our dogs. I lost a dog once, never to be seen again - still bothers me. Lots of ID but no locator collar/ bell. Learned my lesson.
Last edited by Sharon on Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:23 pm

A dog that can type cant tell you where he came from?? :roll: :roll:

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:25 pm

Was that comment really necessary? The Lady is taking her time to help a lost dog get home. Maybe you don't like the way she said it but..................mercy. Now I'll use one. :roll:

"Please share and help Chubby find his way home. He was found in Montana on the verge of death. They think he is a lost hunting dog." OP

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:31 pm

Sharon wrote:Was that comment really necessary? The Lady is taking her time to help a lost dog get home. Maybe you don't like the way she said it but..................mercy. Now I'll use one. :roll:

"Please share and help Chubby find his way home. He was found in Montana on the verge of death. They think he is a lost hunting dog." OP
Now now now, lets not be so critical of someone saying it isn't necessary to try and give a human identity to an animal, even if it is for a good purpose. Less effort trying to be cute and more in trying to find the owners would sure suit me just fine. I will have to admit I didn't read the write up that was way to long and was full of info I didn't need if I had lost my dog.

Al

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:13 pm

I apologize, but , but, but :) her intentions were honorable.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:26 pm

Sharon wrote:I apologize, but , but, but :) her intentions were honorable.
Why would you apologize or even feel the need to? losing a dog is not some stupid little thing. Mine are Family and not just Tools.

thedogmother

Post by thedogmother » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:17 pm

Really people? Please just share and get the word out. I did not do the write up, just copied from the wonderful shelter that took this dog in and is paying for his medical bills to get him healthy and is doing everything to find the dog's owners. I just saw this story on one of the facebook pages I like and thought I would share on every resource I knew of. If this was my dog, I would be forever grateful if people went to such lengths to help reunite me with my dog. If you could just go to their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Billings ... 9118915246 and scroll down and find his story and share, share, share. Thanks you!

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:43 pm

Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote:
Why would you apologize or even feel the need to? losing a dog is not some stupid little thing. Mine are Family and not just Tools.
I was raised to honor authority. When the boss says I was out of line , I apologize.

fuzznut

Post by fuzznut » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:18 pm

shared it to my Facebook page. Hopefully more will and maybe this pooches owner will find him

thedogmother

Post by thedogmother » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:23 pm

Thanks fussnut! That's all I wanted.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:45 pm

Sharon wrote:
Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote:
I was raised to honor authority. When the boss says I was out of line , I apologize.
I respect that but sometimes bosses step out.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:21 pm

Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote: I respect that but sometimes bosses step out.
Sharon, remember this when you see a boss stepping out. No one is perfect but in today's world there is not much left of respecting anyone other than yourself no matter what they do.. Just watch how many younger people offer their seat to an older person or respect the wisdom of someone that already experienced what a younger person is just now dealing with.

Ezzy

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:26 pm

I respect that, but sometimes bosses step out." quote BV

Best put BV's initial 's after that quote as I didn't say that. :)Sh

I'll continue to respect authority,( unless they are breaking the law) ; it has served me well all these years. That's not to say I don't speak up when "authority" is wrong.
Had to file a grievance ( which I won), my last year of teaching ( after 45 years). Boss found out I had bipolar disorder- under good control- and wanted to fire me. Unbelieveable in this day and age.

I think we've got off topic.:)