Garmin Alpha help

jfwhit

Garmin Alpha help

Post by jfwhit » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:20 pm

When I finish a hunt. I save the current Tract for dog & myself, then turn off unit. When I plug Alpha into my computer, it connects (straight line) to my home. How can I record the hunt without recording the connection to my home. In other words. I just want to record my hunt.

The unit works great for its purpose. Ecollar & keeping track of the dog. It's the tech geek in me they wants the extra info. It supposed to record the dogs movements and mine. How can I keep the ride home as not part of the walking hunt information?

cbump

Re: Garmin Alpha help

Post by cbump » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:00 am

Might try going to dog list, select dog, show statistics, then click the menu lines at bottom and select stop tracking.

I have tech issues with that collar too. How do you save everything after a hunt?

Tooling

Re: Garmin Alpha help

Post by Tooling » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:00 am

The only way that I've figured out to do this is to start a new hunt when you arrive at your destination which clears previous tracks and then turn the unit + collar off once you arrive back to the truck & before heading home. Once it's on the computer I "think" you can select and save only certain portions of the track but that seems tedious, maybe it's not so much. There may be other ways but I am obviously not smart enough or care enough to figure them out...would like to know though.