right brand ecollar

mowermandan

right brand ecollar

Post by mowermandan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:56 pm

What's the opinions on ecollar brands and basic units what is the best brand and model for the money in or under 200 dollar mark

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: right brand ecollar

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:08 pm

For the Field might try looking at Collar clinic see if they have an older model of the Tri Tronics Pro 100 for sale

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:11 am

mowerman-

Knine is right on. Anyting new for under $200 is likely going to be a useless POS.

Collar Clinic has an Upland Special(Tritronics) reconditioned for 200 bucks. The trainer appears to be an older model...which is good because you can get batteries for it. I hate the sound of their beeper and would remove it, but that is just me. As I understand it, the batteries on the G2 series are not available, so when your battery croaks...and they all do sooner or later... you have a hunk of useless junk.

That older TriTronicsis all the trainer you will ever need. I have a Tritronicsn Flyway Special which is essentially the same unit without the beeper and I have had it for over 20 years now. I have used it to train a bunch of bird dogs to the highest level. So can you, if you wish.

I would jump on the reconditioned unit it if I were you. You will not do any better than that.

RayG

UglyD

Post by UglyD » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:25 am

I have a Tritronics- purchased it thru this site from a member- dual collars- No complaints what so ever- but I had no complaints from my Dogtra except it was a one collar system and I added another dog. I think the cost was right at or just below the $200 mark.