Puppy story

deseeker

Puppy story

Post by deseeker » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:55 pm

I sold a pup as a hunter/house pet. It is now 14 weeks old. He named it "Shadow". I get the following e-mail from the owner today.

Hi Doug,
So we are at the hockey game Saturday night and on the way home we get a call from our security company telling me the motion detector in the living room is in alarm. Since the door alarms didn't go off, I figure out it had to be Shadow getting out of his kennel, which he has done before, but never set off the alarm. We are about 5-10 minutes away, so I told them not to send anybody as it had to be the dog. When we got home, we found the tv on to the Tenn/Mo. football game and no Shadow. After looking for him I found him coming out from under the bed that is in the same room as his kennel. Now that he can get up on the couch, he likes to grab the tv remote, which puts him in position to set off the alarm. We found the remote on the floor and not chewed up, so obviously he turned the tv on and probably got scared by the alarm and thus hid under the bed. He is so darn cute that I couldn't do anything but laugh as he looked at us like "hey guys, what's going on". Too funny and thought you would enjoy, as I am sure you miss those puppy years! Ha! :lol:

This is the same pup that he e-mailed me about last week that snatched and swallowed a wire bread tie that he dropped on the floor. He had to go thru dog poop for 3 days to make sure it passed thru his system. I told him I'm sure he is going to have a lot more stories to tell about Shadow in the future. I just thought you might like to hear about the funny story. Do you have any good ones about your pup or one you sold?? :?:

Pepper

Re: Puppy story

Post by Pepper » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:08 pm

Great story. Thanks for sharing. It's good to know dog folks who will share there experiences with like dog folks. Happy trails to you as Roy Rogers and Dale Evans would say. :)

MNTonester

Post by MNTonester » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:08 am

isn't it amazing that they can figure out how to escape a kennel?

nhachman

Post by nhachman » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:54 pm

When Katie was a pup she escaped from her kennel while we were away for a few hours. When we got back we knew immediately, as we walked in through the garage there was a trail of destruction. Empty M&Ms bag, granola bar wrappers, and other misc. papers were trailed to the stairs, and up the stairs. The living room had an entire box of tissues strewn all over the room, Wii remotes chewed up, shoes, etc.. further upstairs and into the bedroom were other misc items from the garbage. In the bedroom, on the bedspread was a pile of things she had been chewing on, and an empty container of Rolaids. I guess all that other junk gave her hearburn :roll: Our other dog, who was trusted to run free in the house while we were away, was hiding behind the couch as if to say "I had nothing to do with this".

Fun dog

Post by Fun dog » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:49 pm

We had the dogs locked outside. Because they were out we left the dog gate opened to the garage. They somehow managed to get the dog door opened. Went downstairs, found the fish oil and chewed a hole in the container. The oil spilled all over and as they lapped it up they also walked in the oil. Once they ate their fill, they ran upstairs leaving fish oil paw prints that sank into the hardwood floors. At that point they proceeded to throw up all the oil onto the floor and rugs. The house stunk for weeks. The floor was so bad we had to sand it down and refinish it. We're these puppies? Oh no, they were 12 years old at the time. It's a good thing we love these guys.

41magsnub

Post by 41magsnub » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:25 pm

The worst incident in my house:

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:39 pm

too funny stories

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:03 pm

I have had over 20 dogs in my life time and can't top that one. The last pup I got was a grand dog out of your lines and she chewed up a pair of my wife's $200 shoes. I didn't even know she owned a pair of shoes that expensive. We both almost had to sleep in the kennel building. If this happens again I will need to get DISH set up down their.

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:31 pm

AZ Brittany Guy wrote:I have had over 20 dogs in my life time and can't top that one. The last pup I got was a grand dog out of your lines and she chewed up a pair of my wife's $200 shoes. I didn't even know she owned a pair of shoes that expensive. We both almost had to sleep in the kennel building. If this happens again I will need to get DISH set up down their.
Guy---
It's all in how you train them :roll: :lol: :lol:

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:47 pm

deseeker wrote:
AZ Brittany Guy wrote:I have had over 20 dogs in my life time and can't top that one. The last pup I got was a grand dog out of your lines and she chewed up a pair of my wife's $200 shoes. I didn't even know she owned a pair of shoes that expensive. We both almost had to sleep in the kennel building. If this happens again I will need to get DISH set up down their.
Guy---
It's all in how you train them :roll: :lol: :lol:
My wife?!? :lol: I tried that with my first wife......boy was that expensive. :|

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Helping tear up the old linoleum. He wasn't asked to help. :)

The setter is saying, " Why did you rescue that thing ?"