An idiot with an e-collar

Hoosierdaddy

An idiot with an e-collar

Post by Hoosierdaddy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:53 pm

I really need to vent.I was at one of our put and take pheasant hunts.I had just gotten to the parking area,chained my dog to the truck and was in the process of changing into my hunting boots,when two clowns come walking into the parking area with their dog running loose.Of course the dog saw my dog and made a bee-line right towards us.I never like these situations because you dont know what might happen.The dog did not seem anything but curious and there seemed as though there wasnt going to be any problems.

Well clown no.1 calls his dog and the dog blows him off,so his next move was to reach for his lanyard and light his dog up with the e-collar.In the blink of an eye i had a full-blown dog fight happening right under my feet. My boots go flying,there i am in stocking feet in the gravel trying to get these dogs seperated.After wrestling with the dogs a couple seconds i landed the heel of my foot to the side of Clown #1 dogs head and he ran off.The whole thing lasted probably 15 seconds.

I hope that is my first and last dogfight.

After i get my dog calmed down and checked him for damage,Clowns 1 and 2 had their dog loaded up and were leaving the area.

These two guys never made an effort to help and never said a thing they were 30 feet away the whole time.I am just disgusted.

kcbullets

Re: An idiot with an e-collar

Post by kcbullets » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:47 pm

Sounds like you handled it better than I would have.

Pepper

Post by Pepper » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:34 pm

Understand that there are those who don't have any common sense at all and there are a lot of them. You did right within your means so try not to get too mad, just understand that there are those folks out there. It won't be the last time...money in the bank on that. :)

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:59 pm

Be safe next time, and grab one of the dogs by the back legs and pull him away. Even your own dog will bite you if you stick a hand/leg/foot into the fray or try to grab a collar.

bradtown

Post by bradtown » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:29 am

Hate to be their dog :(