Chocolate Lab puppy pedigree?

zigzag

Chocolate Lab puppy pedigree?

Post by zigzag » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:29 pm

I just picked up a chocolate lab puppy. From a breeder in Albany OR. The is going to by my GFs dog, she has always wanted wanted a chocolate Lab. I had to deterr her from purchasing a Silver lab. After counseling her significantly on the importance of finding a responsible breeder that does health checks and stands behind his/her puppy's. We found a nice male that I felt would fit her needs with the possibility of campaigning in hunt test. I want to post the pedigree, in hopes that some of the Lab aficionados might chime in. I also will be coming back on the forums for some help with training tips. I am a Vizsla owner and love training pointers. I have zero experince in the retriver games. I ordered the book (speed train your retriever) by Larry Muller. I really liked his book for pointers so I thought I could start there. Any tips on using pigeons with a retriver would be great. I plan on making this a Duck dog. Not sure how I will work him on upland with my pointer?? I was thinking I could just train him for retrieves. I don't know.

Pedigree: Bitch

Blindfaith's Lil' Brown JH
FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH ( CHOC )
Hips: LR-156950G24M-PI (Good)
Elbows: LR-EL29509M24-PI
Eyes: LR-45676 (06)
CNM: LR-CNM06-157-M-PIV
FC AFC Cuda's Blue Ryder MH ( CHOC )
Hips: LR-104809G28M (GOOD)
Elbows: LR-EL10452M28
Eyes: LR 19854/2003-69 (NORMAL)
FC AFC CFC CAFC Barracuda Blue MH ( CHOC )
Hips: LR-47421G24M (GOOD)
Eyes: LR-6981/97-84
Higher Grounds Helen Keller QAA (littermate to '96 NFC AFC Storm's Riptide Star ) ( BLK )
Hips: LR-62045E40F (EXCELLENT)

Way-Da-Go Answered Prayer ( BLK )
Hips: LR-1357449G25F-PI (GOOD)
Eyes: LR-37546N
FC AFC River Oaks Way-Da-Go Rocky ( BLK )
Hips: OFA24G (GOOD)
Eyes: LR-7545
AFC Candlewood's Oprah Win-For-Me ( BLK )
Hips: LR-52954G24F- (GOOD)
Eyes: LR-19133

Somedays Sweet Lean'n Mean MH ( BLK )
Hips: LR-118292G25F-PI
Eyes: LR-30175
CNM: LR-CNM07-020-F-PIV
2xNAFC 2xCNAFC FC CFC Ebonstar Lean Mac ( BLK )
Hips: LR-46627G24M (Good)
Eyes: LR-6972/2001--126
CNFC-CNAFC Waldorf's High Tech ( YLW )
Hips: LR-22799-T (Good)
Ebonaceae Princess WCX*** ( BLK )
Hips: LR-21503-T (Excellent)

FC AFC HRCH Gator Pt's Sweet Potato Pie ( CHOC )
Hips: LR-58612G24F-T (GOOD)
Eyes: LR-10603
CFC-CAFC Pachanga Magnum Force ( CHOC )
Hips: LR-35856G24M (GOOD)
Eyes: LR-6602
HRCH Gator Pt's Roc N Moon Pie MH ( CHOC )
Hips: LR-45527G24F-T (GOOD)
Eyes: LR-6792

zigzag

Re: Chocolate Lab puppy pedigree?

Post by zigzag » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:37 pm

Still working on getting the Sire pedigree up. Some technical difficultys

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:14 am

Plenty decent top side (sire) pedigree.

But let's get one thing straight, ain't no such thing as "speed train(ing)" your retriever to become a duck dog. A commitment to a step-by, sequential program is what it takes. With that in mind, here's the book that best serves you as a new retriever puppy owner: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/retriev ... 0016584911

Good luck,

MG

DSemple

Post by DSemple » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:55 am

Several good retriever clubs in your area, I'm sure you could find a good training group to join.

Don

deke

Post by deke » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:19 am

Like crackerd said, There is no speed training when it comes to retrievers. If you try to short cut the system you will find that it screws something else up down the line. Retriever training takes a TON of repetition, where pointer work from what i can tell is all about shaping their natural prey drive. Force fetch him, even if the dog is a retrieving machine, it is the best money i have ever spent.

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:07 pm

[quote="zigzag"]I just picked up a chocolate lab puppy.
The is going to by my GFs dog, she has always wanted wanted a chocolate Lab. I had to deterr her from purchasing a Silver lab.
I also will be coming back on the forums for some help with training tips.
I have zero experince in the retriver games.
Any tips on using pigeons with a retriver would be great. I plan on making this a Duck dog. Not sure how I will work him on upland with my pointer?? I was thinking I could just train him for retrieves. I don't know.
Crackerd is 'Right'! There is no 'Speed' training and there is no 'Hurry' !..He is also Right in a sequential process ! It works for them 'ALL' no matter the breed or the colour :wink: .
Your GF may be more drawn to this than any picture I have :roll: ..
The sequence begins in the breeding and it follows from day one with the pup!..What you get at the end is what you shape at the start :wink: What you 'want at the start' is some way off and many 'steps' in between!..One man's steps to these may not be the same for you?

I have an Ugly dog that is not chocolate and it eats his and any other dogs 'crap' for fun !...But he is the first one I take out on a 'Duck hunt' :mrgreen:
Walks great to heel too !...stops on a dime and delivers to hand perfectly! There is No water he will not cross! and loves the truck ! ..Don't let him on your chair!...He just delivers what the other dogs ate ! ..A bit like Philo Beddoe's best buddy ! :lol: Image

As far as using Pigeons for a retriever puppy ?, I use em every day .

Confusing stuff unless you get guidance by your side ! ..There must be someone you know that is close by that can give you a helping hand?..If not?..Find them :D :)

zigzag

Post by zigzag » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:51 am

Thanks for the replys. My pigeon loft is full with about 20 homers. This pup is 9 weeks now and I got him on a cripple to check his prey drive. Seems top notch so far, might throw a few courtinix quail for him to fetch up. I'm working this Hup?? Thing. I will read some more books to see what I can find out about retriver games.