Sprint .22 cal starter pistol

Remi223

Sprint .22 cal starter pistol

Post by Remi223 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:11 am

Not sure if this is the right section for this ( if not Mods please move)...

Not sure if anyone here can help or not. I recently acquired a .22 cal blank revolver from my father in law to use during training with the pup. It was in pretty rough shape and looked like it had never been cleaned and had been stored improperly. It's a break top revolver, black finish, brown plastic grips and the only markings on it are: Sprint, Pat. pending, Made in Italy. I'm trying to disassemble it, clean it up and restore the finish so its back to a useable condition.

I have it currently taken down as far as I can figure out and its mostly good to go. What i really need to find out is how to remove the cylinder from the barrel/frame combination of the pistol. I've used as much google-fu as i can muster and the closest I've came to finding anything out is 2 auctions on a gun auction site and another guy on here asking what type of blanks it takes, from a couple years back. If anyone has any exp with these starter pistols it would be much appriciated.

chicken19590

Re: Sprint .22 cal starter pistol

Post by chicken19590 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:19 pm

I bought one on gunbroker for around $20 new and it will not take blackpowder blanks or the ramset blanks. Will chamber the accorn crimps. If free and you have crimps I would use it with puppies till I run out of crimps. These are not made to last too long so I would save up for a better starter pistol.

Remi223

Re: Sprint .22 cal starter pistol

Post by Remi223 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:17 pm

I have a better pistol, an alfa 209, which i generally use for training and trials. The sprint was something my f-i-l used for track and field when he was in high school 20+ years ago and has since been neglected. Figured I could fix it up and put it to good use. Always nice to have a second pistol around for those just in case moments, i've seen trialers loose their guns on the field.

If you have one like i have do you know how to seperate the cylinder from the center retaining pin, so i can take it fully apart?