Tri-tronics field 90 add on collar

chicken19590

Tri-tronics field 90 add on collar

Post by chicken19590 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:59 pm

Well I got a new pup (brit)after my pointer pasted and need another collar so both brits will have hearing aids when they run. The collar I have is 3G exp. Ebay has these used but they go for $150 plus. Have found 3g online ($130)they say they weigh 30% less than exp. Will the 3g work with my field 90. Why do 3g exp used collars comand so much money used? Also have sport jr. collar that should pair with field 90 but can not get more than 200 yds distance from it ( with Jr transmitter) and only that on a good day line of site with no trees/brush. Also are the newer garmin/tritonics collars different than the older tri-tronics collar and are they backwards compatable. Not finding much about what has changed between tri-tronics old and new garmin/tritonics.

Thanks Tom

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Re: Tri-tronics field 90 add on collar

Post by cjhills » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:56 am

The Garmin Tritronics are not compatable with the Tritronic collars. There are as few changes The receivers are are much better built with four collar keeper which are much stronger and will not break like the old ones did. they have a bark limiter which is brutal and a lite on the receiver. I do not have a lot of use for that either. I have a new Garmin Tritronics three dog pro 70. It works very well. Range is good, charges quick and lasts a long time on a charge. A good sstem that will reach out and touch your dogs.
I would think the transmitter would set the distance. You could go with a older tritronics pro transmitter and collar. You could use your collar with that transmitter. GArmin will probably stop supporting the older systems eventually so your best bet would be to go with a new system, if possible.
Not familiar with the 3g but it seems a bit Mickey Mouse............................Cj

chicken19590

Post by chicken19590 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:28 am

My field 90 is 4 years old and I hope they support for some time. Why would they not support a product that will last forever if taken care of. Will call collar clinic and see what they say, they did show tri-tronics add on collar for $130.

Tom

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:19 am

chicken19590 wrote:My field 90 is 4 years old and I hope they support for some time. Why would they not support a product that will last forever if taken care of. Will call collar clinic and see what they say, they did show tri-tronics add on collar for $130.

Tom
If your sport junior collar will pair with your field 90 you should be set. Or am I missing something...................Cj

chicken19590

Post by chicken19590 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:26 am

Yes it will pair. I found a new G3 EXP online for $139 with collar strip and ordered it. Most online dealer are out of stock and these collar will never be made again so if u think you may ever need another or would like to hoard them and sell on ebay later then these people have limited stock.

http://www.outdoordogsupply.com/tri-tronics-g3-series/