GSP MH

silverarrowamg

GSP MH

Post by silverarrowamg » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:33 pm

Hi everyone I am new to this site but It kept coming up when I was looking for a new dog so i figured I should just join and ask. I am looking for german shorthair with MH lineage on the east coast. All the breeders I have found with MH have been midwest or out west, but does anyone know of one on the east coast. Thanks

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Re: GSP MH

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:20 pm

I hope this doesn't come out wrong but why limit yourself? Pick what you want and have it shipped?

Welcome to the forum though. :D

silverarrowamg

Post by silverarrowamg » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:37 pm

I would love to ship one from one of the western kennels but was hoping to avoid the cost that I really do not have at this time to ship a dog.

JeremyS

Post by JeremyS » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:46 pm

Not sure where you are on the east coast, but there are quite a few there. Donnie Ebersole at Freidelsheim GSP's is in Maryland. Fred Rice has Sundance GSP's in North Carolina. Stacie Smith at Windchime Kennels in South Carolina and of course Brenda Roe has Walnut Hill Kennels in Georgia. There are plenty more and of course there is always the option of having something shipped.

silverarrowamg

Post by silverarrowamg » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:10 pm

Thank You Jeremy I am going to try contacting the Freidelsheim as I am in Pennsylvania so preferably the NE but I just was struggling to find any. If there are other suggestions I look forward to hearing them.

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:40 pm

You could try Steve Hopko , Quail Ridge Kennels in Stafford Springs, CT . Steve has some very nice dogs. http://quailridgekennelandpreserve.com/index.asp

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:03 pm

I second Friedelsheims I own 4

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:48 pm

Do a Google for Cadens Kennel, he will know if any is available. He has moved to Connecticut but is in Texas at Winter camp.

Pepper

GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:52 am

Talk to Deb Goodie in NY, Lon & Leslie Rudduck in RI or Dennis & Jen Hazel in MA.........
they all produce nice GSPs with MH titles in their lineage.

DudeRN

Post by DudeRN » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:56 am

along with the suggestions already posted, I would add that I found my pup using the AKC's website. it lets you choose the breed you want, and you can search by distance from your location.

https://www.apps.akc.org/apps/classifie ... _breed.cfm

briarpatch

Post by briarpatch » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:46 am

Knobel kennels in Nj breeds nice dogs too

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:10 am

Crystal Kennels in New York has some very nice Dual Quality dogs.....................Cj

aksportsman

Post by aksportsman » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:33 am

please don't take this as a rude comment but how much does it cost to ship a dog?

The reason I ask is that if money its a little tight perhaps it is best for you and the dog to wait a little longer to purchase a pup. Speaking from personal experience even if you have planned out the foreseeable costs in vet bills and training supplies puppies can compound a tight financial situation real quick. My little out jumped off a "bleep" cliff after a group or turkeys at 6mo old and really put me in a bind as far as money goes. you simply can not foresee what these little guys are going to get into until the do... we love their energy and drive, but the very thing that makes them great hunters can really rack up a vet bill.

don't take this as discouragement but you have got to think about what is best for you and the dog before getting one. I would highly recommend that a perspective owner has 1500-2500 extra in savings DEDICATED ONLY to potential fauxpas you may encounter on top of a specific savings for known medical and housing costs before purchasing a puppy.

-Best of luck finding your best friend

bwire

Post by bwire » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:56 pm

Check out some of the GSP clubs. They run hunt tests and they most likely have members who can help you out. Some clubs have a breeder referral that you may be able to contact.

Check out the AKC website for hunt tests. You might want to go see one or two and that may give you a chance to meet some people who are breeding a dog that you're looking for.

Here are 2 clubs that may give you some leads
http://www.mdgspc.org/

http://www.pittsburghgsp.com/

Good luck on your search.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:09 pm

Last time I shipped a Dog it was $300 from Canada to South Texas. The cost of shipping is probably the cheapest part of owning a dog.

oilcan

Post by oilcan » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:40 pm

I paid about $290 from Iowa to California in November to ship a Pup.

bonasa

Post by bonasa » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:32 am

Sounds like you are interested in NAVDHA dogs. Join your local NAVDHA chapter and the national as well. Get to know people and their dogs, when a MH male/ MH bitch that you like are paired, drop a deposit.

Your best option is take a road trip and stop by a few kennels to watch some dogs run that have litters on the ground.

If you have no other option ask your prospective kennel for some customers contact information and ask them for a recommendation.

luvthemud

Post by luvthemud » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:59 pm

Dumb question alert.....does "MH" simply mean master hunter, as in AKC tests, or is "MH" the initials of a specific bloodline/dog?