Supplements

ESS13

Supplements

Post by ESS13 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm

Is there a supplement that you find useful? It could be for medical or performance/nutritional needs whatever the case. It may even be a product you use on your dogs feet or something whatever it is I would love to hear what has given people good results. My vet just prescribed Vetri Disk from Vetri Science. Been using it for a week now and it seems to be showing some good results. I am also very happy when I use Mushers Secret on my dogs feet in the snow that works great too.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Re: Supplements

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:27 am

I use K9 Super Fuel when I make my dogs work hard. Yes, it makes a difference.

USMC

Post by USMC » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:11 am

I feed 4 to 5 cups of a 30/20 dry dog food. When we go to MT for a week and hunt from 1 to 6 hours a day the amount of grub is increased to 8 cups of dry and one can of wet. The can food is to motivate the eating. They have at least 12 hours to digest it. They still loose weight but not as much....!

Meller

Post by Meller » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:58 am

I use Satin Balls when hunting hard and on the road, that's what work's for me!

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:09 am

I use Tuf-Foot. Prevents sores when snow collects on her feet. It also keeps my nuckles from cracking and bleeding in really cold temps.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:20 am

USMC wrote:I feed 4 to 5 cups of a 30/20 dry dog food. When we go to MT for a week and hunt from 1 to 6 hours a day the amount of grub is increased to 8 cups of dry and one can of wet. The can food is to motivate the eating. They have at least 12 hours to digest it. They still loose weight but not as much....!
4 to 5 cups a day? And increased to 8 cups plus one can of wet? How do you get your dog to eat that much? I give my dog's 3 cup's a day and a can of wet split between them a couple time's a week. That's the larger can.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:00 pm

fish oil

Veterinarians first used omega-3 fatty acids in the form of fish oil to treat canine allergies but now recommend it for a wide variety of conditions ranging from kidney disease to ARTHRITIS and high cholesterol. Adding fish oil to your dog's food provides anti-inflammatory effects and can help relieve itching due to atopic dermatitis, an allergy-related skin condition.

UglyD

Post by UglyD » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:25 pm

DonF wrote:
USMC wrote:I feed 4 to 5 cups of a 30/20 dry dog food. When we go to MT for a week and hunt from 1 to 6 hours a day the amount of grub is increased to 8 cups of dry and one can of wet. The can food is to motivate the eating. They have at least 12 hours to digest it. They still loose weight but not as much....!
4 to 5 cups a day? And increased to 8 cups plus one can of wet? How do you get your dog to eat that much? I give my dog's 3 cup's a day and a can of wet split between them a couple time's a week. That's the larger can.

I feed mine 3 1/2 and the other 4 cups with an egg thrown in a coffee cup and then in the microwave for a minute- they would eat double if I gave it to them- their whole life runs around the 3 H's- Hunting- Hungry and Horny and usually in that order.

USMC

Post by USMC » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:34 pm

UglyD wrote:
DonF wrote:

I feed mine 3 1/2 and the other 4 cups with an egg thrown in a coffee cup and then in the microwave for a minute- they would eat double if I gave it to them- their whole life runs around the 3 H's- Hunting- Hungry and Horny and usually in that order.

It all depends on how big your dogs are and how hard you hunt them. My pups are; GSP about 73lbs and the DD about 65lbs.

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:31 pm

I use fish oil, potassium,and glucosamine. each one serves a different purpose from improving calorie intake, joint pain and processing sugars.

Vman

Post by Vman » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:19 am

I use and recommend www.fido-vite.com Excellent product that does what it says. All the above Plus. I have seen it work wonders on all dogs.

Pheasanttracker

Supplements

Post by Pheasanttracker » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:45 pm

I have dog that was injured in the elbow as s pup. Actually broke it. Use to have noticeable joint pain until I put her on Cosequin DS. Give her one a day and even running her 4-5 hours ad day a few days in a row doesn't seem to bother her. Vet said as she gets older it won't help as much but it definitely helps now