Kennel Carriers?

Collins1527

Kennel Carriers?

Post by Collins1527 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:05 pm

I am looking to buy 8 kennel carriers for the horse trailer. The cheapest I have found for a large is $70. Does anyone know a good place to look or may know someone selling some? Any ideas please let me know.

Thanks, Matt

RyanDoolittle

Re: Kennel Carriers?

Post by RyanDoolittle » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:07 pm

Buy used if you can. Why large though? My 65lb GSPs use the Vari-Kennel Intermediate with plenty of room to spare.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 am

one thing about kennels, cheapest darn sure ain't best. Rough Tuff kennels work very well. They Stack ,bolt together and are I think a bit longer. Int. should fit your dogs and buying that many you would probably be able to get a deal. The doors open on either left or right. Most others are junk now and a few years is about the best you can expect..................cj

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:50 am

cjhills wrote:one thing about kennels, cheapest darn sure ain't best. Rough Tuff kennels work very well. They Stack ,bolt together and are I think a bit longer. Int. should fit your dogs and buying that many you would probably be able to get a deal. The doors open on either left or right. Most others are junk now and a few years is about the best you can expect..................cj

Agree with both above posters. I put intermediate crates in my trailer and my pointers do fine. a couple are well over 50#. I also bought the best quality(or so I thought) plastic crates available at the time and a couple are going to need replacement soon.

RayG