Hello New guy here!

cal hunter

Hello New guy here!

Post by cal hunter » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:29 pm

Hey guys Just wanted to say high and ask a couple of questions.I Adopted a 1 year old English pointer a few days ago she is already started in here hunting/training and is doing very well.My question is what is AF regidtered?I have always had Labs and never heard of this.I looked it up and it says its American field.If ya can would you give a rookie a little more info about this.Thanks!

Donnerhund GWP

Post by Donnerhund GWP » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:59 am

American field ( A.k.a. FDSB- Field Dog Stud Book)
Is a dog registry similar to AKC
Some folks think AKC is the only game in town when in fact there are many good registries around. Each with its own rules, shows, and field tests.
My dogs are registered with NAVHDA and FDSB.
Men in Black -- Protecting Earth from the scum of the Universe
-------------------------------------------------------
Donnerhund!
Registered German Wirehaired Pointers

GsPJustin

Post by GsPJustin » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:38 am

Hey there, your right around my area. I live over the hill in Fremont. Donnerhund pretty much summed it up. There aren't to many events around here held by them, closest is yuba city i think.

cal hunter

Post by cal hunter » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:37 am

Thanks guys!Ya Fremont isnt to far from me where do you hunt?

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:34 am

There are actually a bunch of Am. Field trials in your area. They just ran the California championships over at the Brooks Ranch. I know the Reg. 11 guys, in addition to putting on a bunch of championships, run a bunch of qualifiers as well. Anyway, you've got a very active bunch of Am. Field guys in Calif.

GsPJustin

Post by GsPJustin » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:20 am

There is stuff in California, but at the least a 3 hour drive from where we are.

I hunt at Hastings Island Hunting preserve (Rio Vista). Grizzly Island wild life area (Susuin), Raahauge hunting preserve (Dunnigan), and some private land. There are a few other places, I just dont take a liking to them. Not enough to make a 1 1/2 hour - 4 hour drive to.