Native Dog Food Proof of Purchase

Mills51

Native Dog Food Proof of Purchase

Post by Mills51 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:08 pm

Can the proof of purchase for Native dog food be redeemed? I had someone say that after so many bags you could get a free bag, but at the feed store they said that Native didn't have this type of program.

luvthemud

Re: Native Dog Food Proof of Purchase

Post by luvthemud » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:59 am

Sometimes these types of programs are run through the distributers versus the company itself.

Best thing, IMO, would be to call around and ask some other sellers of the food. I know with my brand of choice, some promote the 13th bag free thing, and some don't.

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Re: Native Dog Food Proof of Purchase

Post by RayGubernat » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:26 pm

I just checked the website.

Native(Kent Nutrition Group) does have a kennel program where you can redeem ten weigh circles for a certificate for a free bag. However, it is a KENNEL program and the first requirement is 8 dogs.

FWIW, I am on a frequent buyer program, also sponsored by Kent Nutrition Group, for their Blue Seal brand dogfood. One free with 12 proofs of purchase. No other requirements.

However, be advised... not every retailer wants to honor those coupons, especially if they are not a distributor. They have to pay for shipping from a distributor, and get nothing from the consumer or the manufacturer, so the local retailer ends up taking a hosing on the "free" bag.

I just recently switched to Sportsman's Pride dogfood. Too early to tell how the dogs are going to like it, but Blue Seal's prices kept going up ... and up... so it was time to try something else. Sportsman's Pride is about 30% less expensive than the Blue Seal..for now at least. The ingredient list is pretty much identical, except for the silly marketing stuff like berries, trace amounts of this and that... and such.

I did cut back from a 30/20 Blue Seal product to a 26/18 Sportsman's Pride feed. If I would have stayed with the 30/20 formula, the price differential would have been a bit less...but still significant...about 20%.

RayG