always hunting...

DudeRN

always hunting...

Post by DudeRN » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:26 pm

was sitting out in the backyard today, enjoying the sun and temperatures that have finally climbed above 60 degrees, when the pup started running through the brush at the edge of the lawn, very excited: out flies a woodcock. every day is hunting season for my Britt, but for me it is 5 1/2 months away!! :cry:

anyone else ready to skip summer and get to fall ASAP?

marsh

Re: always hunting...

Post by marsh » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:35 pm

Cool, Training birds in your backyard.

Been training my pup-so that fills the void!!!

CDN_Cocker

Post by CDN_Cocker » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:05 pm

I hear you. Snow sucks but I hate the heat. Fall can't get here soon enough!

nyhusker95

Post by nyhusker95 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:37 pm

DudeRN wrote:was sitting out in the backyard today, enjoying the sun and temperatures that have finally climbed above 60 degrees, when the pup started running through the brush at the edge of the lawn, very excited: out flies a woodcock. every day is hunting season for my Britt, but for me it is 5 1/2 months away!! :cry:

anyone else ready to skip summer and get to fall ASAP?
I was just in your neck of the woods (Lincoln) this past week and was told you haven't had more than 3-4 nice days all spring; NY hasn't been much better. As eager as I am for hunting season to come around, I'm nowhere close to being ready for winter. And unfortunately for us folks up north that's what follows the hunting season. I, for one, am happy to enjoy the fishing season for awhile. And since your dog is hunting re of season life is good :D

DudeRN

Post by DudeRN » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:53 pm

yes, it has been a brutal winter here. but the snow is almost gone, we've had some very nice warm days. I want fall for hunting, just not what comes after!

Tia

Post by Tia » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:02 pm

Hiking with the pup last weekend and she locks up on point! Wife and I kept on walking toward her and out fly 2 quail from a sage brush bush. Wife doesn't carry a gun but goes hunting with me and said she can't wait for hunting season...........

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:31 am

CDN_Cocker wrote:I hear you. Snow sucks but I hate the heat. Fall can't get here soon enough!
After the winter we had you can't wait until the Fall Nick?!! GIve your head a shake. :D