Garmin DC30 Help...

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Garmin DC30 Help...

Post by PntrRookie » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:02 pm

I have one DC 30 collar (orange) that is giving me fits and Garmin wasn't able to help via phone. This collar worked up to a couple weeks ago. I removed it from the Astro to start fresh and add another collar (green). Maybe someone could help.

Here is the issue...
1. When turned on it will do one of two things.
- A. one long red blink followed by a short red blink - which when on the phone with Garmin they told me they were not aware of that sequence
- B. if I leave it on long enough it will go to into 1 steady red blink - which the Garmin website says it is acquiring satellite reception. If in state "B" it continues in that pattern.
2. It will NOT pair to the Astro220 (which it was working with a couple weeks ago).

I updated the Astro software and the corresponding green collar (since it was paired to the Astro). The orange collar could not be updated yet because it wasn't paired to the Astro. I have replaced the battery - same result. I disconnected the antenna and elect. connections and cleaned them. Nothing seems to allow the Astro to recognize it...

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: Garmin DC30 Help...

Post by shags » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:37 pm

Did you remove orange from the handheld then add it back as another dog? That worked for mine but I don't remember if I had weird blinking sequences.
Good luck. What a pain in the neck.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:11 pm

Are you sure the collar is fully charged? If so, delete everything and first reset to factory default, then try to marry the collar. It happened when you updated the handheld which does not now recognize the older model collar. I am surprised tech support did not know this. Think you just got uninformed tech.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:39 am

Did you remove orange from the handheld then add it back as another dog?
The Astro will not let me add it back because it will not recognize it when I try to add it back
delete everything and first reset to factory default, then try to marry the collar.
I will try this tonight. I hope it does not cause it to not recognize ANY collar because right now I do have ONE collar (green) that is working.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:22 am

What is the status?

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:44 am

Neil wrote:What is the status?
No luck. I replaced the battery - no change. I replaced the antenna - still won't sync. I did not reset to factory defaults yet because I have a trial this weekend and the green collar does work. I will try that after this weekend.

Garmin responded to me and asked me to try and pair it with a 320 (which I do not have), so I can update the software to the collar (can't do it now because it isn't paired with my 220). So unless I can get a "loaner 320" from a friend, I am pretty well screwed. Garmin stated "If you purchased the device more than one year ago or purchased second-hand, then the warranty will have expired. There will be a flat rate of repair of $120.00, subject to tax." I am not sure I want to go that route, but not sure what else to do.

I have a gut feeling this is all due to me updating the software to the 220 and green DC30 collar, but since this orange collar was not paired to the 220, it never got the software update. Now it can't communicate with the 220. Arghhh