Champ progress (vizsla pup)

bwire

Champ progress (vizsla pup)

Post by bwire » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:56 pm

Champ is now 5 months old and he is progressing well. He has had several chukar shot over him and his points are getting more intense. I worked him on Sunday with my other two dogs to see how he would honor a point. He did well with that on the two birds I put out. Champ is on the far right.

Close up:

I took him out on Monday to see if he could find any of the quail that might be still around from Sunday. He did a good job of working some ground scent before pointing what turned out to be a holdover rooster from the fall. After that he did find some of the quail from Sunday. He held very well even when the bird was walking around. He is coming along nicely and seems to have a great nose.

The above picture was taken while he was watching the quail run around. The remainder of the spring will just be Champ on his own. I'll leave the other dogs at home for a while when working Champ on birds.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Champ progress (vizsla pup)

Post by Sharon » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Good work. Nice looking dogs.

NEhomer

Post by NEhomer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:51 am

Beautiful pup!

bwire

Post by bwire » Sat May 30, 2015 1:10 pm

I had Champ out this morning for a little work on quail. I planted one bird and while he was on point I grabbed another quail from my bag and gave it a toss. He watched the tossed bird fly but he didn't break point.

I then flushed the planted bird and fired a blank as it flew off. Champ held pretty well until the shot was fired. After a little more running, he found the flushed bird again on the edge of the woods.

I've just been running the dogs on the mowed paths and edge of the adjoining fields. I've also been staying out of the woods with them. Hopefully in a few weeks that can change.