People I've met

DonF
GDF Junkie

People I've met

Post by DonF » Mon May 11, 2015 10:35 am

Got to thinking and I have met a number of people on this site. All really nice folk's I might add. First was Holly, aka Gertie. She's a super young lady. Then came Joe Gower, he come's up from California to run his dog's and judge at Ore Britt club trials, Super guy, Then there Craig O'Brien, aka Red Delicious, and Fran Segren. Hadn't been for these two, I'd still only have two dogs and wouldn't have any idea that Red Setter's are so nice, both super folks. Couple years ago K-9 came up to a Britt trial. Definately worth meeting! There might be a few other's but "bleep" if my memory's gonna let me down.

well this weekend I met another. We know him here as Gordon Guy from Idaho. Be damed if Now I find there is more than one Gordon that can trip my trigger. His name is Tom Loy, retired Air Force, and his Gordons are really special. His male was the first one I watched take off. Geeze, that dog went right to work, all business. Broke out to the left a bit then made a huge cast to the right. I figured if this guy keep's running like that and get's a bird, he's gonna get a piece of this. Talked to a guy I know that rode the brace and he did get two birds and looked great on them! Which stake I don't remember but had to be a gun dog stake. He got a fourth. After that stake Tom showed me some photo's, in his cell phone, one of those guys! lol Beautiful dogs Looked like he got them broke and left everything in the dog. Lot of people take the intensity out to be able to keep the dog standing, his looks like not a bit was taken out. Would have like to have been able to get out there and watch them.

Then he ran this little female derby. I'd own that pup! He was braced with a Wiem and at the cast off, she pulled out ahead a bit and was angling left. After they went by me, the Weim looked to be catching up but that pup turned on the afterburners and just flew away. She ran about like the male he'd run earlier, just seemed to float! Lot of ddog's look more like their loping out there and I love the one's that float! Anyway, she got by me a ways and cut to the left, same as his other dog and Went clear across the bowl to the base of a ridge where she turned and came back around. Not one thing to fault unless your an A-Hole. both of them turned in instead of turning out. Boy this girl had me! End of the brace, another guy I know came in and I asked if she had a bird. Yes she did and she looked great! she had to have a big piece of this one. Turn's out she did, second! The dog that beat her is a beautiful shorthair owned by my old vet, Mark McFarland. His first year trialing and three first's in the last two weeks. Broke derby!

Long ride home for Tom so he couldn't stay for the awards, don't know if he know's about it yet or not. Got photo's of the placement's and wish she'd have been in there.
Meet Tom.

Hey Tom, remembered Janet's dog's name on the way home. Ricky! Your guy's and Ricky are in a class of their own!

Look forward to seeing you this fall!

MNTonester

Re: People I've met

Post by MNTonester » Mon May 11, 2015 12:14 pm

look at the smile on that dog's face

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon May 11, 2015 12:43 pm

It is neat when you get to put a face to the name. Hopefully if all goes well I might be able to make it to Oregon again
I have met a lot of super neat people through certain boards it is neat how it just feels like catching up with a friend you hvaen't seen in a long time :lol:

Gordon Guy

Post by Gordon Guy » Mon May 11, 2015 3:30 pm

Hey Don, Thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure meeting you and all of the others from the Oregon Brittany Club. I was treated really well. You guys put on a class event over there. I'm sorry I couldn't stay for the AWD photo shoot but other responsibilities were calling. I hope we cross paths again real soon. Thanks for posting those photo's.

Tom

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Mon May 11, 2015 8:55 pm

Do that K-9, enjoyed your visit here1