FDSB Pointer Colors

Deets

FDSB Pointer Colors

Post by Deets » Sat May 16, 2015 8:42 pm

I just bought what I think is a well breed pointer pup from a breeder that specializes in "elhew pointers". The website showed a good looking liver and white brood matron. When I went to pick up the pup the mother was lemon and white. I asked the breeder about this, and he said that he had the wrong picture on the website. When I got he FDSB registration it list the dam color as W/L. How do you you know if the L is for liver or lemon? This just seems a little suspicious to me. My pup is clearly lemon as described by AKC (light colored nose and lips). Does FDSB recongnize the same colors as AKC? I have seen some people call lemon dogs orange, and orange dogs orange/black.

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Re: FDSB Pointer Colors

Post by RayGubernat » Sat May 16, 2015 8:55 pm

Deets wrote:I just bought what I think is a well breed pointer pup from a breeder that specializes in "elhew pointers". The website showed a good looking liver and white brood matron. When I went to pick up the pup the mother was lemon and white. I asked the breeder about this, and he said that he had the wrong picture on the website. When I got he FDSB registration it list the dam color as W/L. How do you you know if the L is for liver or lemon? This just seems a little suspicious to me. My pup is clearly lemon as described by AKC (light colored nose and lips). Does FDSB recongnize the same colors as AKC? I have seen some people call lemon dogs orange, and orange dogs orange/black.
Easiest thing to do is to call the American Field and ask them. If you do not get the answer you expect you can either say thank you and hang up, or you can pursue it with them. Your dog, your call. If the sire and dam are DNA'ed and you have your pup DNA'ed, they have to match or there is a problem. If, however, the sire and dam are NOT DNA'ed, yours will DNA just fine.

RayG

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Sun May 17, 2015 9:04 am

My registration papers from The Amercian Field (FDSB) show my liver dogs as "lv" and my lemon dogs as "lm".

mask

Post by mask » Sun May 17, 2015 9:54 am

[quote="Big Dave"]My registration papers from The Amercian Field (FDSB) show my liver dogs as "lv" and my lemon dogs as "lm".[/quote Yep.