What to expect from new EP

Kjcpoint

What to expect from new EP

Post by Kjcpoint » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:03 pm

Hello,

I just purchased a 6 month old male pointer out of Erin's Red Rum and a Honky Tonk Gigolo female. Do any of you have experience with offspring from HT gigolo?

Kyle

Meller

Re: What to expect from new EP

Post by Meller » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:05 pm

Might contact sckwest on here, he know's his pointers! :)

codym

Post by codym » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:07 pm

I don't have any experience with direct gigolo offspring, but have had lots of dog out of HTA. They tend to be smaller, tough dogs with above average noses. Can be a bit stubborn, but all bird dogs. Not sure how the red rum cross would be, but I would think you have the potential for a really nice bird dog. One knock on some of the HTA dogs I've had is that they run with their tail's straight out (pump handle) with not much action i.e. cracking tail. Most have had good tails on point. Get us a pic, lets see this pup!

Kjcpoint

Post by Kjcpoint » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:04 pm

The pup has not be delivered yet. After my 7 year old CLJ female tore up both her back knees I needed a dog for this fall.
Hope he is full of nose and drive.

Still curious if Anyone has hunted behind a HT gigolo offspring.

Thanks
Kyle

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:36 am

codym wrote:I don't have any experience with direct gigolo offspring, but have had lots of dog out of HTA...tough dogs with above average noses...all bird dogs.
^^ Agreed. I owned (and still own her sister) a granddaughter of HTA (and have seen a bunch of them) and cody is on track there. Good luck!

myerstenn

Post by myerstenn » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:52 pm

I have a litter mate to your dog, I wouldn't expect to much out of them this fall as they are only going to be 10months old going into hunting season . Mine appears to have good style and slowly adjusting to life in my kennel. Good luck with yours , they will make Good prospects

Kjcpoint

Post by Kjcpoint » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:21 am

Thanks myerstenn,

A buddy I work with is keeping this male, I ended up getting a female out of Erin's Braveheart and a Fibber McGee female? Gun dog express picked them up last Thursday. Pretty excited to get these dog going.

Thanks