Building a remote launcher help

spangler2k3

Building a remote launcher help

Post by spangler2k3 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:00 am

Good morning. First post here and its a cry for help post.

I've followed a manual i found through the net from some folks on here that made a remote launcher using car door actuators, 2 way radios.. etc.

I have purchased everything to wire them up except i am not sure exactly what plug and model i need for my cobra radios.. they take the smaller 2.5mm plug and it uses 1 hole for the speaker/mic so according to the PDF that i read it says i need a "stereo" plug.

I cant find one anywhere that will work.

do you suggest using a 2.5mm male with a 3.5mm adapter, then running a 3.5mm stereo?

im ready to build the winger and get this project going for my new pup and my seasoned lab

If you can help that would be great.. i've done a search for remote diy, winger diy.. cant find exactly what im looking for

Thanks in advance

FoxRed

Re: Building a remote launcher help

Post by FoxRed » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:36 am

It may help if you post the instruction you are using. I made mine out of a car door actuator and a car door remote control. I have seen way over complicated designs with radios etc. These are the parts I needed plus a small battery house.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006QH ... ge_o01_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CZB ... ge_o02_s00

Very cheap!

NEhomer

Post by NEhomer » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:59 am

I just bought a $40 remote controlled motorcycle toy from Radio Shack. The rider servo is quite strong and it works out to 80-100ft which has been plenty for my short ranging setter. Nothing to charge, nothing to program, works like a charm.

Sorry I can't help with your question.

spangler2k3

Post by spangler2k3 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:49 am

Sorry about not posting my example.. Here is the link... for those who have done this before. My 2 way radios use 1 audio plug.. so according to the guide here is what im stuck on.

Note:
If your radios are the two-hole kind (one hole for earpiece, one for microphone), then you will need
either a 1/8” or 3/32” mono plug (RS 274-286 or 274-290). If they are the type of radios that have one hole for
both the mic and earphone, then you will need either a 1/8” or 3/32” stereo plug (RS 274-284 or 274-244).

of course radio shack has both of those item number discontinued and i cant find them on ebay or amazon..

thanks for the help so far.. i'll definately use the rc car method or the key fob for the next launcher.. i have everything i need for this one to work but the plug lol

Chris