Truck accessories and charging stations

Munster

Truck accessories and charging stations

Post by Munster » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:15 am

So, we bought a new truck. This time we went with the sliding rear glass and also a sliding glass on the topper. I want to know if anyone else has this set up and the best method of circulating air from the cab to the topper. I am thinking an inflated inner tube to seal the gap and a fan to plug into the inverter box??
Does anyone have pictures of this set up?

Now the second project is is cleaning up the mess on my work bench that consists of an endless sea of chargers. I have chargers fro collars, garmins, launchers and a few other miscellaneous items. Can you all show me some of your ideas on cleaning ll this up both for in the truck and the work bench! Thanks

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Truck accessories and charging stations

Post by ACooper » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:29 pm

You should be able to get a "boot" to close the gap between the cab and topper.

here are several examples.
https://www.custompickup.com/shop/index ... _list&c=18

IDK on the chargers, mine are a mess...

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:41 pm

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/85101?pa ... s-gear-bag

For my chargers, e-collars, trackers, first aide, etc.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:20 pm

I don't have a wife so all my charger's and stuff are piled on the living room table. Collars and transmitters are on a shelf going out the back and launcher's in the traoler parked by the house.

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:46 pm

Double sticky labels over the wire of each charger and ID with indelible marker. Then put the charger and accessories to
each unit in a separate zip lock storage bag. Use the marker to label the bags...ecollar, Garmin, etc. the. Stick all of them in whatever container suits you, like a plastic bin, tool box, tool bag, back pack. That way if you miss putting away a charger, its label tells you what it belongs to, and the storage bags keeps the stuff semiorganized. Easy to grab whichever bag you need.

Do you ever think if something happened to you, and family had to come get your stuff ready for an auction or craigs list, how would they ever know what belongs with what? :P

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:26 pm

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:50 pm

An 800w ish inverter is amazingly handy to have mounted in your truck.

One of these is awesome if you have many things that charge via USB (I have 3-5 USB things charging any given night) http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DVH62J ... PC2XGKVM30

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:57 pm

I have all my charger thingies plugged into three multiple outlet stripsthat are all plugged into one another. They all stay plugged in all the time. Oone of these years I will build a shelf.

Or not.

The ones I can mix up are labelled in BIG print, with a silver Sanford Sharpie marker. The cords are all rolled up and tied with zip ties so no birds nests. When I need to charge something I go there, grab the business end of the correct charger and plug in. Done.

I have a 12V charger unit for use in the truck for the Garmin GPS and one for my phone. If I remember to charge up my e-collar, and remember to turn it off ant the end of the day, it will last for several days. I brought the 120V AC charger with me on a week longhunting trip and plugged it in overnight at the motel about mid-week. Done.

That 800W inverter idea sounds super for a truck, or camper or non-LQ trailer setup.

RayG

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:54 pm

displaced_texan wrote:An 800w ish inverter is amazingly handy to have mounted in your truck.

One of these is awesome if you have many things that charge via USB (I have 3-5 USB things charging any given night) http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DVH62J ... PC2XGKVM30
800W probably nice to have. I've got I think a 400W that work's well. Plug into the cigar lighter.

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:16 pm

800w is probably overkill, but I figured since I was running wires from the battery to it, it only made sense and I might as well! It is definitely handy. Bought it from Amazon, I think it was about $75

ohmymy111

Post by ohmymy111 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:07 pm

I have my stuff all on a wall. Three charging strips, shelf for bird launcer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.