Wingshooting USA

Neil
GDF Junkie

Wingshooting USA

Post by Neil » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:03 am

I am watching Scott's "Never Before, Real Time, Real Hunt" episode, in which they ran the cameras non-stop, without editing. Interesting, much like being on the actual hunt, but I think once a season might be enough.

It is the best hunting show on TV, making it one of the top overall.

Oh, Scott, the GSP is not the dog featured on the Westminster Dog Show logo, that would be the pointer.

Trivia, what dog won the National Championship at Ames and then won at Westminster? Can anyone name a Brittany that pulled off a similar double?

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Re: Wingshooting USA

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:08 am

1986? Marjetta's National Acclaim??? To my knowledge, no Britt has ever won Westy.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:47 am

Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote:1986? Marjetta's National Acclaim??? To my knowledge, no Britt has ever won Westy.
Think you are right on both counts. I believe Neil is confused about the site of what he speaks. Pacolet Cheyenne Sam did win the national show title as well as the national field title for Brittanys but there has never been a Brit that won Westminster.

MGIII

Wingshooting USA

Post by MGIII » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:18 am

I missed it!!! I wanted to watch it. Crap. I'm mad at myself

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:57 am

Guys I said "-a similar double", for sure no Britt has won the Ames NC, they have won the Sporting Breeds Group at Westminster, but never with a DC. Both would have to be to match Mary Montrose.

So yes, I was thinking of Sam winning the Britt NC and the National Specialty, which I believe is somewhat similar to Mary's great accomplishments. Both dogs competed in breed restricted venues (Mary also had to beat setters at Ames).

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:22 pm

Westminster is Political and takes a lot of money to win. I can predict which Dog will win every year if I care. Don't get me wrong, I loved my trips to New York. I loved taking my Dogs to local Parks only to have people question why I would take a "show" Dog to a public park... I simply reply, "they are Field Dogs". :D

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:42 pm

Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote:Westminster is Political and takes a lot of money to win. I can predict which Dog will win every year if I care. Don't get me wrong, I loved my trips to New York. I loved taking my Dogs to local Parks only to have people question why I would take a "show" Dog to a public park... I simply reply, "they are Field Dogs". :D
And I suspect it has always been that way, but it gets written in the history books as a win.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:44 pm

Neil wrote:
Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote:Westminster is Political and takes a lot of money to win. I can predict which Dog will win every year if I care. Don't get me wrong, I loved my trips to New York. I loved taking my Dogs to local Parks only to have people question why I would take a "show" Dog to a public park... I simply reply, "they are Field Dogs". :D
And I suspect it has always been that way, but it gets written in the history books as a win.
That's why I go. The last serious Gundog that won was a GSP owned and Handled by a Lady who has handled one of my Dogs.

redman25

Post by redman25 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:24 am

What channel is it on now? Love that show.

GWPtyler

Post by GWPtyler » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:29 am

I don't get cable, so can't watch his show. Which is a bummer, because I love watching the old episodes they've uploaded to the Wingshooting USA site. Any idea if the newer episodes are streamed somewhere??

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:04 am

GWPtyler wrote:I don't get cable, so can't watch his show. Which is a bummer, because I love watching the old episodes they've uploaded to the Wingshooting USA site. Any idea if the newer episodes are streamed somewhere??
I have cable but am almost always working when the show airs, so I have the same question.

It'd be nice if they were on Netflix.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:56 pm

On DirecTV it is on channel 220, NBCS, Scott's web site keeps the schedule updated. I have yet to see a bad episode, I am a fan.

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:09 pm

Neil wrote:I am watching Scott's "Never Before, Real Time, Real Hunt" episode, in which they ran the cameras non-stop, without editing. Interesting, much like being on the actual hunt, but I think once a season might be enough.

It is the best hunting show on TV, making it one of the top overall.

Oh, Scott, the GSP is not the dog featured on the Westminster Dog Show logo, that would be the pointer.

Trivia, what dog won the National Championship at Ames and then won at Westminster? Can anyone name a Brittany that pulled off a similar double?
Thanks for your kind words. Yep, once per season if that. Watching two screens at once is a bit of a chore.

We got those photos - and the backstory - from the AKC. I would hope they'd know what breed was on their logo!

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:10 pm

Neil wrote:On DirecTV it is on channel 220, NBCS, Scott's web site keeps the schedule updated. I have yet to see a bad episode, I am a fan.
Extra kibble for you tonight, Neil.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:49 pm

Scott,

I don't know who at AKC told you that, but look at the Westminster KC logo, you can tell it is a pointer.
Any dog lover who has watched the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show on TV or viewed one of their programs is familiar with their logo. The dog is a Pointer named Sensation, and was the pride and joy of the kennel club in the organization’s early years. Sensation’s rise to fame began across the pond in England
Or you can go here for the whole story:

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/ab ... ation.html

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:38 pm

Neil, thanks for the backstory, which is clearly more accurate than AKC's.

bh99

Post by bh99 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:06 am

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:52 am

I'm sure this info is somewhere but I'm still having trouble finding the show on TV. I have DirecTV and live in MN if that helps anyone who can help me.

I just can't seem to find it.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:51 am

Neil wrote:On DirecTV it is on channel 220, NBCS, Scott's web site keeps the schedule updated. I have yet to see a bad episode, I am a fan.
DirecTV also has a search feature, enter "menu", then "search for shows", then "title", at "w-I-n", it will be the 5th one down, click and the next showing and description will be displayed, right now it is channel 220 NBCS on the 29th at 4:30 am. Sometimes you can then click on "showings" for future broadcasts, but it only goes 3 - 4 days in the future, and there are none listed.

It is worth the effort.

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:57 am

We all have different ideas of Best and what gets old regarding the so-called birdshooting shows.

NetFlix is a nice option. :idea:

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:41 pm

Neil wrote:
DirecTV also has a search feature, enter "menu", then "search for shows", then "title", at "w-I-n", it will be the 5th one down, click and the next showing and description will be displayed, right now it is channel 220 NBCS on the 29th at 4:30 am. Sometimes you can then click on "showings" for future broadcasts, but it only goes 3 - 4 days in the future, and there are none listed.

It is worth the effort.
4:30 AM!!! There's a short list of things worth getting up that early... a TV show doesn't make the cut!

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:20 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:
Neil wrote:

It is worth the effort.
4:30 AM!!! There's a short list of things worth getting up that early... a TV show doesn't make the cut!
Au contraire, mnaj_ - Scott's got a primo slot, lead-in on NBCSN to the Premier League Preview Show, which is must-see footieTV just like that unedited episode of Wingshooting USA :mrgreen: Plus, Premier League players, some of 'em anyhow (like Spurs' Harry Kane) can be, er, wing-shooters too...

MG

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:42 pm

DVR

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:59 pm

Neil wrote:DVR
Are you offering to pay for me to have DVR? How kind of you!

CDN_Cocker

Post by CDN_Cocker » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:49 pm

Is there any way to catch these episodes online? We do not have the pursuit channel up here... just wildtv

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:57 pm

Some are available on the web site.