Help! Lost Gordon setter near Sterling CO

C.painter

Help! Lost Gordon setter near Sterling CO

Post by C.painter » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:41 pm

I am posting for my friend, see below!!

Need some help from anyone near Sterling, Colorado. A very good buddy of mine was on his way out there when the front tire blew on his F350, causing the truck to head into the median and roll. The family went to the hospital, and believes they will be okay. However, one of the dogs took off running and he can’t find it now. Is anyone in the area that might be able to help search? The dog is a male gorden setter about 4 years old. Goes by the name of Popple. The truck rolled at mile marker 136-1/2 on Interstate 76, just outside of the town of Iliff. If you live near the area and could help search that would be very much appreciated. Or keep your ears and eyes open for a lost dog. My buddy is completely freaking out. I told him he needs to head to the hospital to see his family, but is really torn. Need some positive mojo. Call me, Scott, if you find this dog. 608-444-7579

Thank you!! cory

MNTonester

Re: Help! Lost Gordon setter near Sterling CO

Post by MNTonester » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:02 am

anything new on this? a happy ending hopefully?

C.painter

Post by C.painter » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:47 am

Unfortunately popple is still missing. Going on 4 days now :(. My fear is the crash caused internal injuries and after the pups adrenaline wore off the injuries and exposure, and the coyotes, took its toll. Let's hope not.

C.painter

Post by C.painter » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:12 am

GREAT NEWS!!

Popple showed up about 2 weeks later, about 6 miles from the crash site at a house. Skinny, and beat up but alive. He is not the same dog now however, he doesn't want to leave the house. Hopefully in time he will mentally heal as well.

Cory

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:24 am

Wonderful that the family is reunited with their dog!
Best wishes to all of them.

And thank you for updating the story.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:30 am

I would think your friend wouldn't care he's not wanting to go out. I'd just be thrilled to have my buddy home. Earlier this year a Red Setter was lost in Arizona for a long; it too was a happy ending! time.