Pigeons sick

MillerClemsonHD

Pigeons sick

Post by MillerClemsonHD » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:00 pm

Went to feed pigeons tonight and one was in bad shape. He was real wobbly couldn't walk right or fly. Couldn't get up and wasn't gonna make it so got him out of there.

I noticed one other that was a little wobbly but not near as bad.

Any ideas what it could be or any suggestions on treatment?

The only thing that has changed is after a month and a half is we have had rain the past few days. 2 weeks ago I put the medicated powder in the water(whatever the new form of duramicin is). I had good luck with it in the past. Need to nip this in the bud as I have a good crop of birds ready for training when the weather breaks in a few weeks.

donne

Re: Pigeons sick

Post by donne » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:34 am

http://www.earls.us/IWC/Selected%20Dise ... igeons.htm

Since you haven't gotten any replies..................
I'm no "pigeon man" by any stretch of the imagination :roll: And I guess "ezzy" is on vacation, so I'll post something that I find helpful to me. Lot of reading but some good info. I may add that I find that when some of my hens are ready to drop an egg, they get to acting different. Not wanting to fly and staying on the floor of the loft. Whatever the case, I also have a "quarantine" cage where I can treat the birds with some (but not all) success, and hold new birds before they go into the larger loft. If you hit the birds with any anti-biotic, you should follow-up with a probiotic. The heat is tough on 'em too. Hope this helps & good luck.