Garmin T5

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Garmin T5

Post by cjhills » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:54 am

I just ordered a second T5 collar for my Astro. I wanted to have two different colors. Orange Costs $15 more than blue. Well, I thought that was interesting........................Cj

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: Garmin T5

Post by shags » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:31 am

Yes, it certainly is quite interesting.

I stuck a little piece of colored tape on one of my collars to differentiate dogs. One dog is always that color on my handheld.

If you prefer orange for visibility, look into these as marking collars; you can have nameplate put on and use it with the gps collar. http://www.morrco.com/reflective-sunglo-collar.html. My dogs' everyday collars are 3/4 inch dayglo blue and subbing the Morrco at trials keeps me at the two collar rule.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:09 am

Actually, I was wrong it was $7.50. I'm willing to pay that to have different colors ( my first one is blue) it was just a bit of a surprise. I just wonder why. I just changed to all leather collars because I have not found any others that do not get stiff......................Cj

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:20 pm

Hey, that's better, but still...

CJ have you used the coated nylon collars? IDK what everyone calls them but around here we call them dayglo. I get mine from Dogs Unlimited and there they are Duralon. I've been really pleased with them, they are easy to clean ( wipe 'em off) never stink ( even after a skunk encounter, we wiped the collar once with SkunkOff and it was good as new) , stay flexible, and retain their color pretty well ( they come in just about any color you'd want). After 5 or 6 years I generally replace them, but the old ones get recycled to other jobs where I need a strap. Never had one break.