trap setting tools

Post by bobman » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:20 am

http://youtu.be/G8r3TmcVMK0

well worth watching how to use these to save a dog

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Re: trap setting tools

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:12 am

Consider carrying two 3' plastic zip ties for the purpose of freeing a pup from a conibear...... :idea:

NEhomer

Post by NEhomer » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:09 pm

A length of rope will work as well. Tie it to the round circle at the end of the spring arm. Slip it up through the other circle at the end of the opposing arm. Place your foot against the first one and pull....it'll give you leverage.

Now that said, I live in Massachusetts where trapping was stupidly outlawed 20 years ago. I personally must now break the law to control beavers that would flood my property so I am far from taking any anti-trapping stance, however, it is absurd that any trapper would place a conibear kill trap out of the water where a dog could be caught. Under water or up on a raised pole for raccoon and martin is fine. A bucket set or cubby set on the ground is foolish. I would't consider making such a set.

Nobody should.

Meller

Post by Meller » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:34 pm

Lots of bucket sets in my area (not tagged). So it's not mine, even if they are caught running them. Which say's there is unscrupulous people in every walk of life.
And no I am not anti trapping, as long as done responsible!