DonF

greg jacobs

DonF

Post by greg jacobs » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:41 am

Met him in at a trial a couple years ago. Usually an everyday poster. Haven't seen him post anything for a while.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: DonF

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:20 am

greg jacobs wrote:Met him in at a trial a couple years ago. Usually an everyday poster. Haven't seen him post anything for a while.
He posted Friday Oct 2nd

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:43 am

Good. Guess I haven't been on enough.

Gertie

Post by Gertie » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:08 pm

Don just had knee surgery a couple weeks ago and has had a heck of a time with the recovery. He's doing PT and all of that but may be taking it easy and sleeping a lot these days.

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:33 pm

Hope he is feeling better soon. Is he getting some help with the dogs. He probably had to kick them out of bed to give his leg some room. Bet they're not happy about that :wink:

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:36 pm

He can ship stormy over to me. It's almost hunting season. I'll take care of him for a while. :D

Gertie

Post by Gertie » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:48 pm

Hahaha. I don't think those dogs would stand for being removed from the bed. I believe Don's nephew has been staying with him and helping him out with the place. I'm hoping to get up there soon to see how he's doing and I'll pass on the offer to take Stormy. I wouldn't hold my breath though :lol:

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:43 pm

Hey Greg. Been up and down lately. Ran out of pain killers on a Saturday and they are one's I have to hand carry a Rx for. Then the PT guy got a bit carried away right after that, it was a terrible week all in all. My leg is not straightening out well yet and they are worried about that too. My son was here the first few days home then my nephew came in a few days then back to my son. Both guy's been a great help. Gertie won't recognize the place, Steve, my nephew decided to clean things up around here and boy has he done a great job! Not sure what to do with Stormy, everybody want's him! My son's sure he needs to take him home but his wife doesn't like dog's, Several rancher's ere think he's the best looking dog around and Steve is plotting to steal him! If he is what Red Setter's are about, he's great. been simple to train, never runs off, great attitude, if you make a mistake and get a bit hard on him, he just forgives you and goes on. Only problem with him is getting used to a dog that's not mostly white! Had him out for grouse three time's before the operation but didn't get into birds. Hopefully the middle of Nov I'll be able to get out well enough to take my son and nephew out to a local preserve. Have shot several pigeons for him, he done well! had him on quite a few Huns prior to season and he did it great. I'm thinking I have time enough for one more pup before I'm gone as won't bring in another on Squirt and Bodie, they had a hard time with Stormy. Constantly flipping on another Red Setter pup and a shorthair pup. probably get both! Wish I had discovered the Red's years ago!

By the way Greg, Stormy came from not far from you, Craig O'Brien in Yakima. I think you said one time you know him.

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:06 am

Hey Don
Sounds like you have some great family there helping out. Have a friend that had two bad knees and had the worst one done about 10 weeks ago. Pretty much the same experience you are having. At 10 weeks he is walking great, still has some swelling, and range of motion still isn't perfect but coming along good.
Ya I've met Craig. Don't really know him but I knew that was where stormy came from. I've seen video of stormy's parents and they look like some quality dogs. My new project is in the avitar. Sire is Brenda's "Gambles Sam Man" from Georgia the dam was half Clay Brown's bloodlines and half NMK down in California. He has been way easier than the white one I have.
Hope you are feeling great real soon
Greg Jacobs
rsz_20150826_072316.jpg
rsz_20151001_100546-1-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.