dog complex

cjhills
GDF Junkie

dog complex

Post by cjhills » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:51 am

I visited a huge dog complex in Rochester, Minnesota over the weekend. A very nice show room, a therapy room with a whirlpool and swimming pool. Three puppy class rooms and a agility training room. Out side a retriever training area with a fairly large pond, dock dog training areas and out door agility training area.
All told at least well into seven or eight figures dollarwise.
We spent sometime in the store area, which was huge and had every kind of dog food imaginable.( you can't believe what some of that stuff costs). Every dog toy imaginable priced at least twice what the tractor supply store down the road charged and hundreds of different leashes and collars.
Thing is, in that store I did not see one gundog item or one item I was interested in buying. No e-collars,no check cords or anything remotely connected to hunting.
Absolutely amazing........................Cj

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Re: dog complex

Post by polmaise » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:00 pm

cjhills wrote: Thing is, in that store I did not see one gundog item or one item I was interested in buying. No e-collars,no check cords or anything remotely connected to hunting.
What ?.....No game? :lol:
Without prejudice .....e-collars and check cords are not for the sole purpose of 'Gun dogs' or Gun dog training.
Neither is 'Squeaky toys' the sole purpose for 'Pet owners' of any breed ! I have used them on 'Field Trial Champions' :mrgreen:

Thing is,
No business will invest unless they have a market :wink:

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:00 pm

polmaise wrote:
cjhills wrote: Thing is, in that store I did not see one gundog item or one item I was interested in buying. No e-collars,no check cords or anything remotely connected to hunting.
What ?.....No game? :lol:
Without prejudice .....e-collars and check cords are not for the sole purpose of 'Gun dogs' or Gun dog training.
Neither is 'Squeaky toys' the sole purpose for 'Pet owners' of any breed ! I have used them on 'Field Trial Champions' :mrgreen:

Thing is,
No business will invest unless they have a market :wink:
Robert, Your point is something that seems to be lost on so many in this country. Businesses invest in things that are in demand, whether it is dog related or grocery stores. And we tend to forget that we as gundog owners are a very small part of the market and we do tend to buy from the specialty stores that cater to our interest and not the pet shops through out the country. When you have trouble finding a dog food you think is great, that is a sign that not many others agree with you. Businesses do research before investing heavily in anything and are also forced to have a business plan that has been well researched if they are to borrow a sizable amoumt of credit.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:51 pm

You are just lucky you have TSC nearby, many don't.