Johnny House/recall pen

Jordan Cramer

Johnny House/recall pen

Post by Jordan Cramer » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:15 pm

For those of you who have experience with Johnny houses, what are your thoughts/ tips?

ROTTnBRITT

Re: Johnny House/recall pen

Post by ROTTnBRITT » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:22 pm

My first two time with birds for my Johnny house didn't go so well. First batch couldn't fly after 2 weeks. Got another shipment in the spring to work the dogs. Being spring I wasn't expecting good recalling but I needed to work dogs. I had 30 birds over about a month and a half. They all flew well the whole time and only a few recalled but eventually they were all gone.
I got 30 more birds last spring.(different supplier) About 5 or 6 weeks old. They have recalled well and have remained stong flyers. Still have 15 after 7 or 8 months.

I used the plans from qualitywildlife.Com and used the less mess feeder and waterer

Jordan Cramer

Re: Johnny House/recall pen

Post by Jordan Cramer » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:43 pm

i currently have a small cage that can hold 8 birds easily but they can't fly and therefore lose their ability to fly so I wondered if a Johnny house would enable them to exercise their flying muscles. Then hopefully they will recall so I can continue to use them for training. Thanks for the input