Lost

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Lost

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:18 pm

Anyone in Michigan be on the lookout for a lost Vizsla last seen at the Rustic Ridge Hunt Club. He is 11yrs old, grey faced and Micro chipped. He is shy and probably will run if approached but any info would be great. You can contact me and I will forward the info. Thanks

936-544-1227
Jeff

BarfingCoyote

Re: Lost

Post by BarfingCoyote » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:29 pm

Go to the last place you were with him, saw him and were parked. Take some of your UNwashed clothing (underwear is best) and leave them in those locations. ALSO, if you can Pee around the areas and on the clothing. It has worked for me
a couple of times. Good luck.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:59 pm

And when you get him back, and I pray you do, buy a Garmin.

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:09 pm

Alert the local postal delivery person, in rural areas they tend to see and know about everything. Also put flyers at the school bus depot, the drivers cover a lot of territory, and can spread the word among the kids.

Sending tons of setter mojo for the dog's quick and safe return.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:28 pm

Neil- I received this alert on Face Book, its someone else's dog. I am just looking for more eyes in that area.

I have a Garmin but even that doesn't mean that a dog cant get lost. I have seen 2 get lost wearing them. 1 was recovered from micro chip and the other was recovered by the name tag on the collar.
Thanks.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:17 pm

Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote:Neil- I received this alert on Face Book, its someone else's dog. I am just looking for more eyes in that area.

I have a Garmin but even that doesn't mean that a dog cant get lost. I have seen 2 get lost wearing them. 1 was recovered from micro chip and the other was recovered by the name tag on the collar.
Thanks.
They need to be more fleet or buy faster horses.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:57 pm

Neil wrote:
Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote:Neil- I received this alert on Face Book, its someone else's dog. I am just looking for more eyes in that area.

Thanks.
They need to be more fleet or buy faster horses.
I believe something scared the dog since they described it as "shy".....

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:03 pm

I've had it happen twice with two different dogs that someone picked them up and put them in their trucks. So the Garmin says "over there, about 600 yards". But in a minute the dogs are whisked away. Fortunately for me, the picker-uppers were well meaning and called my cell number from the dogs' collars.

It seems like shy dogs tend to get spookier when they realize they're lost. IIRC not so long ago one of the members here from somewhere other than the USA lost a dog that spooked, but got him back. Maybe he will chime in with some of what he did to get his dog back.

NEhomer

Post by NEhomer » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:09 pm

I heard of a local fellow who's dog took off while they were hiking recently. He parked his car overnight where he last saw the dog and left a door open. Sure enough, he went back in the am and the dog was sleeping in the car. Seemed like a good idea.

...hope the little fella makes it home.