2015 Brittany NAFC

deseeker

2015 Brittany NAFC

Post by deseeker » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:27 pm

I see on the Brittany Facebook page that Chukar 12's (Joe Gower's) dog, Spanish Corral Sunny Patch, was this year Brittany NAFC.
A BIG CONGRATES :!: :!: :D

Neil
GDF Junkie

Re: 2015 Brittany NAFC

Post by Neil » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:38 pm

Yes! Congratulations!

And he is the son of a NAFC, also owned by Joe.

Joe is making history! We have always had good West Coast dogs, but they have not always done well at the Nationals.

Joe is busy running his dogs in the National Open this week, but I know he is thankful for the congratulations.

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:57 pm

Way to go! Joe Congrats!

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:01 am

Great job! Big congrats!

Carolina Gundogs

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:38 pm

Congratulations Joe!

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:31 pm

Wow. Congrats. ( I'm going to be reading his posts much more carefully. :) )

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:33 pm

Sharon wrote:Wow. Congrats. ( I'm going to be reading his posts much more carefully. :) )
And we all should, he knows how to get it done!

MGIII

2015 Brittany NAFC

Post by MGIII » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:46 pm

Yup Patch won it. I've haven't seen Patch run but I've seen a few of Sonny's pups and they are big running dogs with lots of drive. Apple didn't fall far from the tree with Patch. Congrats Joe.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:39 pm

Thank you all for your kindness. I was very proud of the job Patch did. He had two very nice finds where he looked extremely good on point. You can feel the performance as it happened, handling was effortless as he was always forward and moving to an objective, the only "skill" to the whole thing on my part was knowing when to slow the horse and just watch him use the ground he was given.

He and Sonny both ran into some strange circumstances in the Open. Patch caught a skunk after his first find and was too sick to keep his pace and we picked him up. Sonny was on a limb after his second find, and was involved somehow with birds on a far tree line, I am not sure what happened but the judge didn't like it and Sonny was up. Of course, all of that is part of the highs and lows in the game that make it fun and keep you striving to be a little better.

I am on a flight home now, and I can't wait to take the boys back to the desert chasing chukarsnand then get back after next years prep...
Again, thank you all for the kind words.
Joe

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:50 pm

Congrats, it is extra special when it is a pup you raised.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:06 pm

Chukar12 wrote:Thank you all for your kindness. I was very proud of the job Patch did. He had two very nice finds where he looked extremely good on point. You can feel the performance as it happened, handling was effortless as he was always forward and moving to an objective, the only "skill" to the whole thing on my part was knowing when to slow the horse and just watch him use the ground he was given.

He and Sonny both ran into some strange circumstances in the Open. Patch caught a skunk after his first find and was too sick to keep his pace and we picked him up. Sonny was on a limb after his second find, and was involved somehow with birds on a far tree line, I am not sure what happened but the judge didn't like it and Sonny was up. Of course, all of that is part of the highs and lows in the game that make it fun and keep you striving to be a little better.

I am on a flight home now, and I can't wait to take the boys back to the desert chasing chukarsnand then get back after next years prep...
Again, thank you all for the kind words.
Joe
The highest compliment I can pay you is you understand the process of success, you prepare, and prepare some more, beyond what is logical, and you let it happen. Sometimes, most times the greater this preparation the more likely the success. Bad events happen to all, but when you train for it is less likely it is to impact the outcome. Your modesty is your second greatest attribute.

You are a model, congratulations!

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:57 pm

Way to go Joe! See you in Sonoita.