Male English setter breeding

Xhipi1

Post by Xhipi1 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:58 pm

Hey guys I'm looking to breed my 3 year old male English setter. He has great bloodline and has strong prey drive. Have hunted pheasants and quail with him but he excells in grouse and woodcock hunting. I have posted some pics including his pedigree. Contact me if interested. Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Xhipi1 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Xhipi1

Re: Male English settee breeding

Post by Xhipi1 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:59 pm

Pedigree
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Makintrax73

Re: Male English setter breeding

Post by Makintrax73 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:51 am

Hopefully you won't consider it a thread hijack, but do you have any information on your dog's breeder? I just purchased a 1 1/2 year old setter in August. When I got the pedigree it showed Lora Long Gone Nixon as the dam, same as your dog. He seems to have been cast off by someone as the hunt club I got him from had little information. I suspect some family may have found out they bit off more than they could chew and got rid of him as he's got a lot of go in him! But that's kind of what I liked about what I saw. Hopefully he develops well.

Xhipi1

Post by Xhipi1 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:49 am

Hi Makintrax,
I actually know quite a bit about Loras long gone nixon line. I have hunted with Lora her self and she is a phenomenal hunter. I believe she (lora) came from a kennel in Walnut Illinois. if you dont mind me asking what is the Sire's line?

Makintrax73

Post by Makintrax73 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:09 am

Stone Elvis, out of Terhaars Elvis x Call Me Kate. I seem to remember the papers showing someone in Oak Park or something like that.

If she is from Swift Rock that would be pretty funny! I went to look at Bryans dogs in July, but the pointer I wanted didn't impress me. He had a nice male setter that I liked, but it just didn't scream "buy this one now!!" So I thought I'll check out a few more dogs before I decide. Ended up with a setter anyway even though I thought I was looking for a pointer.

Xhipi1

Post by Xhipi1 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:18 pm

This is such a small world, Ive hunted with stone as well. Do you mind PMing me because its not letting me pm you. I can send some pics of both Lora and Stone :D

Makintrax73

Post by Makintrax73 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:53 pm

PM sent

Xhipi1

Post by Xhipi1 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:25 pm

Pm replied

Xhipi1

Post by Xhipi1 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:59 am

UPDATE: Have been receiving multiple PM's on how much the stud fee is and to answer the question, Im not charging a fee for the breeding. However, I will like to keep a puppy for personal use. The rest of the pups are yours to keep/sell. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Blindducks

Post by Blindducks » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:50 pm

I have a female in NH that should go in heat in February that I would like to breed for the first time. She is also out of some long gone stock and Paucek. I can send you her pedigree of you are interested in seeing it. I do like the looks of that orange male. He's a beautiful dog. Let me know if you would like to discuss. Thanks. Robert

Xhipi1

Post by Xhipi1 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:44 pm

Pm sent blindduck