brace mate issues

uplandviz

brace mate issues

Post by uplandviz » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:18 am

Good Afternoon all,
I tried to hunt with a buddy and his GSP ( I have a Vizsla) and it did not go well at all. My boy seemed to only want to follow the GSP around. He is an intact male and she is a spayed female. My guy normally outhunts his dog on outings when we meet up after a hunt. Yesterday we tried to work them together...she seemed to be focused and he just wanted to play.

Has anyone ever had a dog that hunts great on his own but then cant with other dogs?

He backed her when she went on point but the entire time he just trotted along following her instead of breaking brush and working his zones.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: brace mate issues

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:20 pm

Sounds like this might be the first time you have hunted with another dog and what you witnessed is not unusual. It doesn't mean your pup will not hunt with another dog but rather you saw a new experience for your dog. You will never have the first time again and everything else will change also with experience.

AZ Brittany Guy

Re: brace mate issues

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:08 pm

ezzy333 wrote:Sounds like this might be the first time you have hunted with another dog and what you witnessed is not unusual. It doesn't mean your pup will not hunt with another dog but rather you saw a new experience for your dog. You will never have the first time again and everything else will change also with experience.
Good answer. :)